PDA

View Full Version : When working with my assistant am I over my numbers if?

muffins
08-07-2011, 07:03 AM
If I'm working with my assistant and have 4 children, then 1 goes to playsch & we're left with 3 at home I know I still have to have my assistant working cos the 1 at playsch still counts in my numbers!

BUT can my assistant go and do the food shopping alone (obv keep contactable), leaving me at home with 3 and still be within my numbers?

Hope that makes sense:rolleyes:

:D

Penny1959
08-07-2011, 07:16 AM
I can't see why not - it is no different that any childminder going shopping or to toddlers when a child they are responsible for are at PS.

Of course if have to collect the child early your assistant would return straight away.

Penny :)

TheBTeam
08-07-2011, 07:17 AM
If they are at physically at playschool i dont count them in my numbers, unless i am listed as the one on call to pick them up (which i never would be),

muffins
08-07-2011, 07:24 AM
If they are at physically at playschool i dont count them in my numbers, unless i am listed as the one on call to pick them up (which i never would be),

Same here but the child at playsch is my own so that doesn't work:rolleyes:

Shes starting in Sept for 2 days a week, they grow up far to quick!:(

TheBTeam
08-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Same here but the child at playsch is my own so that doesn't work:rolleyes:

Shes starting in Sept for 2 days a week, they grow up far to quick!:(

AH, yes the child at school if she is your daughter will continue to count in your numbers then, so i would keep the assistant with you, as your certificate must state for you on your own only 2 children plus your daughter, so by being there with three when the third isnt your daughter would make you over numbers.

muffins
08-07-2011, 07:34 AM
AH, yes the child at school if she is your daughter will continue to count in your numbers then, so i would keep the assistant with you, as your certificate must state for you on your own only 2 children plus your daughter, so by being there with three when the third isnt your daughter would make you over numbers.

Thats what I thought but I can go on the sch run and leave my dd with my assistant, so thought it might work! Confusing:rolleyes:

Andrea08
08-07-2011, 09:10 AM
i think it is very unfair that our own children while in nursery are included in our number as anyother mindee is not included until they are in our setting,

if our own chilren are sent home ill then all other mindees would have to go home because the setting has an "Illness"

my cm friend has 2 children and could only care for one even though both her lo's were in an other setting.. imo they should only be counted when with us..

sorry just a moan lol

Penny1959
08-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Agree with B Team - now I know child at PS is your DD

Penny :)