PDA

View Full Version : Groups

Messy Monkeys
08-07-2011, 05:26 AM
Hi I've been childminding for nearly 4 years but the last 3 months the children centre in Reydon Suffolk I had been using has stopped doing any groups and I'm now left with just a toddler group on a thurs which makes my week difficult I really enjoy the variety of going to diff groups but now find its all down to me. I still go to the park beach zoo library but am not mixing with other adults as much and miss it and feel more alone please help with any groups or advise I could use thank you

rickysmiths
08-07-2011, 08:50 AM
You could phone Ncma and see if there is a Childminding Group near you.

Why have the Childrens Centre stopped the toddler groups? If there were other cms there could you not start your own group?

lma
08-07-2011, 09:05 AM
oh dear thats hard. Our local childrens centre has just closed down all our groups there too due to making the community room where they were held ito an office for the staff there so we're fining minding quite isolating too at the moment.

No advice this wanted to empathise:(

Messy Monkeys
17-07-2011, 08:30 PM
:( There are no other childminders in my area the nearest is a good 10 miles from me so its difficult but i must admit it is good to read that other childminders feel the same way. I did consider giving up and becoming a teacher assistant but thats to inconsistant with hours and working in a nursery wouldnt fit in with my own son whos 6 so I'll just carry on and hope fro more groups in the future.