PDA

View Full Version : Diploma - nvq level three

It's a small world
07-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Just been told the more qualifications you have the less likely you are to get funding. If this is true that's unfair. I have a degree and been told unlikely to get funding for this course but have to get this qualification. Wouldn't mind it's not even in childcare !!! Anyone know how much it costs ? Plus no way I can attend a class one night a month as no one to care for my ds's. Going to either have to rethink career or find an alternative solution or win the lottery lol x

onceinabluemoon
07-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Maybe it depends on areas but I also have a degree and got funding for my L3 so its worth a try x

Helen79
07-07-2011, 08:11 PM
I was told by my local college that I wasn't eligible for funding because I had a degree but went another college where I did get funding so maybe ask around to see if there's alternative places to study.

blue bear
08-07-2011, 06:18 AM
Why do you need a level 3? Just out of interest

Jiorjiina
08-07-2011, 02:26 PM
Because all childcare professionals are now supposed to have (or work towards) at least a level 3 qualification in childcare. Government initiative to have a professional, qualified childcare workforce. Sigh.

I have a degree as well, and when I asked about it our county childcare assoc said that I could get funded anyway, because none of my academic qualifications are in childcare.

I agree with Helen about finding out other places to do the L3. Sometimes colleges are not the best place to do additional qualifications, because they get more funding providing training to teenagers and totally unqualified people than they do for people who arr retraining.

Ripeberry
08-07-2011, 03:48 PM
Is there no way of doing it on-line? They sometimes work out much cheaper as they are not paying for tutors in a building. I should do a level 3 but there is no way that I could attend any courses as they would be at least 20 miles away and they all start before DH gets home so no-one to look after DDs.

Eddisonsmum
09-07-2011, 07:52 AM
I'm doing mine as an apprenticeship in my own home. There's no age limit now on apprenticeships. Have you spoken to your DO? I spoke to her on the tuesday about it, then on the Wednesday she emailled details of funding she had just heard of for 100 people and I was number 39!