PDA

View Full Version : Can I add in extra's at the end of accounts?

vix84
02-05-2008, 10:16 PM
Hi, I have an NCMA accounts book which I do monthly, but there are things like broadband etc. that I have forgotten, so can I just add this in at the end?
I also havent filled out the back section about income recieved and got parents to sign....does this matter?!

This is my first time doing it and feel I am 90% there. I am expecting first baby in a few weeks, so next year will have the confusing part of the maternity allowance! And this years account, I was employed up untill September, so dont know how that will work as Im sure my tax free allowance was used up by that job! Am going to have to go and see the people at the tax office I think and take accounts with me! Just hope to do it before baby comes!

sarah707
02-05-2008, 10:40 PM
So long as everything you put down you can justify spending, then it doesn't matter how you set the accounts on paper.

The ncma book is to help you get them together, it's not a document that the tax office will want to see...

The only time you need to show it to anyone (except if you have an accountant) is if there is a query and you get inspected... that's why you need to be able to justify your figures.

Hope this helps :D

Eagles4ever
03-05-2008, 08:32 AM
I used the NCMA accounts book last year and it's ended up scribbled all over where I kept remembering things and adding them in! It makes perfect sense to me LOL :)

As long as you know which figures to transfer to your tax return I'm sure it will be fine.

Eagles4ever
03-05-2008, 08:47 AM
I used the NCMA accounts book last year and it's ended up scribbled all over where I kept remembering things and adding them in! It makes perfect sense to me LOL :)

As long as you know which figures to transfer to your tax return I'm sure it will be fine.

vix84
03-05-2008, 08:56 AM
That makes life alot easier then, I thought it would have to be filled out exactly right!

What about parents signing to say how much they pay? I have a hard enough job getting parents to sign register hours, let alone fees! I get send them an invoice and have the invoices on computer, and get paid by either direct debit or cheque, so I could always prove how much I earnt?

sarah707
03-05-2008, 02:15 PM
I don't see a problem with doing it that way... so long as you have proof somewhere that those are your correct figures :D

Heaven Scent
03-05-2008, 06:53 PM
I don't see why you need to get the parents to sign your accounts book you don't sign your dentists/solicitors/milkmans/hairdressers etc. accounts to say how much you pay them do you it has nothing to do with them. and if you get paid by DD/cheque/vouchers thats all proof you have received that money and even if you get paid by cash and parents are in receipt of tax credits then thats all on record too so its not easy to fiddle the tax man in our line of work is it - so getting parents to sign is just one step too far in my book we are supposed to be the nannies not being nannied (by the state or indeed the parents of our mindees on behalf of the state!!!!!!!!!)

Celine

Tily Bud
03-05-2008, 06:57 PM
I made a right mess of my first ncma accounts book this year so ended up buying a second :eek: ive filled this in in pencil and this was much easier as i could just rub it out if i made a mistake xx

vix84
04-05-2008, 07:53 PM
I managed to get the accounts done, I just need to go and see someone to fill in the tax form as it all seems a bit confusing! Pregnancy brain doesnt help!

I still have half the accounts book left to use, should I use that or buy a new one for the new tax year?
Im tempted to just use a notebook though really

Cammie Doodle
04-05-2008, 08:05 PM
To be honest I have photo copied my monthly sheets and the last page of my NCMA Accounts Book :)

vix84
04-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Now thats a good idea, thanks:)