PDA

View Full Version : Daily diary

HMT81
07-07-2011, 04:20 PM
I currently only have 1 mindee and I do a daily diary for him. I started off printing out separate sheets but decided to get a notebook and write in that every day to save ink and paper. Trouble is, mindee's mum keeps forgetting to bring it, and to be honest I don't think she even looks at it. Would it be ok to still do the diary but keep it here with me, available for her to look at when/if she wants to, or does it have to be something she takes home?

QualityCare
07-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Depends on age if under 18mths l would do diary and keep it especially if you log food, nappies etc in it as reference for you if child ever ill and mum asks what he ate on such and such day and just tell mum how he's been. After that l would probably stop and just tell mum each day.

sarah707
07-07-2011, 05:37 PM
If mum keeps forgetting to bring it then I would go back to loose leaf sheets and put them in a poly wallet.

Hopefully mum will read and leave in the child's bag so you can collect them together and put them into a little folder for her to keep when they have built up.

Hth :D

Flisspaps
07-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Alternatively if Mum has an email address then you could always email her the diary at the end of the day?

It's quicker to type things on Word than to handwrite generally, so you can type a few bits on when you get a minute and then copy it over to an email at the end of the day and send it.

HMT81
08-07-2011, 06:46 AM
Alternatively if Mum has an email address then you could always email her the diary at the end of the day?

It's quicker to type things on Word than to handwrite generally, so you can type a few bits on when you get a minute and then copy it over to an email at the end of the day and send it.

:thumbsup: Ooh I really like that idea, thanks! I hadn't thought of that!

Mindee is 3 but I still like to do a diary for him

QualityCare
08-07-2011, 07:15 AM
I find from the age of about 2yrs mums arn't interested in the diary and would stop putting it in the bag they only want verbal feedback at the end of the day.

HMT81
08-07-2011, 11:37 AM
I find from the age of about 2yrs mums arn't interested in the diary and would stop putting it in the bag they only want verbal feedback at the end of the day.

Ok thanks, i do quite like the idea of doing it but I'll have a chat with mum tonight to see if she wants me to carry on or not