PDA

View Full Version : Planning and observation books?

SamBaker
07-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Hi everyone,

I have just been on the look at getting some childminding books but have no idea what to go for!
Please could you tell me some of your favourites?

Thank you for your advice

Pixie dust
07-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Penny Tassoni Practical EYFS handbook is a good one. It has lots of simple ideas and a section at the end about planning with some eamples.

SamBaker
07-07-2011, 03:02 PM
Oooh ok, I did see that one on amazon, thank you. What else does every one else like?

Hellymw
07-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Hi
I am new to the forum and got my pre-reg visit next week.

We picked up at our Childminding course a book called Active Learning by NCMA. I really like it as it gives lots of ideas as to what fits under each catergory.

HTH

loocyloo
07-07-2011, 03:45 PM
i've just got penny tassonis 'continued success with EYFS'! looks good, but i haven't had time to sit down and really read it yet!

i like all the 'little book of ....' by featherstone

plus 'like bees,not butterflies' by featherstone which is all about child initiated learning

'understanding childrens play' by jennie lindon is a good book too! i'm very 'into' childrens play and have piles of books about it!

xxx

Trpta108
07-07-2011, 03:54 PM
I like Penny Tassoni's books as well and also Practical Preschool's.

SamBaker
07-07-2011, 06:39 PM
i've just got penny tassonis 'continued success with EYFS'! looks good, but i haven't had time to sit down and really read it yet!

i like all the 'little book of ....' by featherstone

plus 'like bees,not butterflies' by featherstone which is all about child initiated learning

'understanding childrens play' by jennie lindon is a good book too! i'm very 'into' childrens play and have piles of books about it!

xxx

Yes I saw the featherstone books as well, hmmm well I think I will get the Penny Tassonis book for now then.

sarah707
07-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Don't forget in all likelihood the Eyfs will be changing quite dramatically next year -

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=85007

So any investment you make now should be weighed up against the use you will get out of it...

I have heard good things about the Penny Tassoni book :D

SamBaker
08-07-2011, 05:12 AM
Oh, erm I suppose I can always look for second hand? Hmmm not sure what to do now lol! I'm doing my level 3 soon so I suppose I should be looking for books for that as well.
Thank you Sarah