PDA

View Full Version : Magazine Subscription

Greengrass74
07-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Hi all,

hope everyone is ok today, nearly the weekend :thumbsup:

Was just wondering what magazines if any you subscribe to and if you would recommend any good magazines.

We currently subscribe to Nursery World and find that it is not for us, there are some useful articles in it, but would like more EYFS practical stuff and ideas for activities in a home settings and out and about.

jayjay1963
07-07-2011, 11:21 AM
I have one for the Creative Steps magazine. I find it very useful for all ages and it has links to the EYFS throughout. HTH

Jacqui

Pixie dust
07-07-2011, 11:31 AM
I subscribe to Child care magazine which is aimed at childminders and nannies. Some of our fellow forum friends write for them. It is a monthly mag with lots of activities to pull out.

www.professionalchildcare.co.uk

cherry
07-07-2011, 12:14 PM
Definately Childcare magazine :thumbsup:

AliceK
07-07-2011, 12:53 PM
I subscribe to Child care magazine which is aimed at childminders and nannies. Some of our fellow forum friends write for them. It is a monthly mag with lots of activities to pull out.

www.professionalchildcare.co.uk

I tried to subscribe to this a little while ago, they took my direct debit details as the first month was free and they sent me May's copy (in June) but I've had nothing since then, no more magazines and no DD has gone out. Think a phone call is in order :rolleyes:

xxxx

Roseolivia
07-07-2011, 02:06 PM
I've just cancelled my nursery world subscription as can't afford it whilst not working and don't think i'll resubscribe.
I am definatley keeping Childcare mag as this is aimed at childminders. It has competitions (which i've won), activity ideas, cultural ideas, good practice etc..... I would recommend this to any minder.

Trpta108
07-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Childcare as well. I too have won one of their competitions:) .

Greengrass74
07-07-2011, 06:49 PM
Thanks Guys :thumbsup:

Looks like it is going to be childcare magazine from now on.

sarah707
07-07-2011, 08:22 PM
Childcare Magazine... I have to say that as I have articles in there at the moment :laughing: it really is a very good magazine!

I like Nursery World I'm waiting to see how the new format goes - it's 2 weekly and a lot more online.

I read Creative Steps but get it online free with my Morton Michel insurance.

I used to love Nursery Ed but it's stopped :(

Hth :D

Konoko
16-07-2011, 11:09 AM
hah, great question! I was actually thinking about this for a few days now.. :)
Thanks for asking!
I will have a look at the Child Care magazine then!

xx

munch149
16-07-2011, 11:43 AM
Price a bit steep for me that's over £5 a magazine. Then again I guess magazines are expensive now

mushpea
16-07-2011, 03:07 PM
I subscribe to practical pre-school they have a nice pull out section with lots of ideas/activitys,,

miffy
16-07-2011, 06:16 PM
I subscribe to creative steps and I buy Childcare magazine regularly (there's been some good articles in there recently ;) ) and I also like Early Years Educator.

Miffy xx

katie78
16-07-2011, 06:26 PM
I have been pondering the very same question for a few weeks now, i think i will have to have a trip into town and treat myself :)

Katie xx