PDA

View Full Version : food

nikkiross1
07-07-2011, 10:29 AM
what is the most common practice for childminders, is it for parents to provide a packed lunch or for the childminder to provide food? if i am to prepare the food i have been told i need to register with something but i cannot remember what this is called - and does any body know if i need to register with this beofre i have my pre-reg visit or it is just before i start minding?

thanks!

JulieA
07-07-2011, 10:54 AM
I provide meals as then all the children sit down to the same meal - but that is my preference. I have never had a parent request they send a packed lunch instead - funny that!

As far as registering - in my local authority we have to register with Environmental Health, which is done when you are registered. It is just a form to fill in and you recieve a letter back. I believe you need to register even if you have packed lunches, as you still need to store the food, or maybe re-heat. Also if you prepare drinks and snacks you need to be registered.

Not sure if this is the same nationwide.

xgemx
07-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Hi i have been thinking about this for when im finally registered and i was thinking under 1s im going to ask parents to provide food and milk then after that i will do it for then as like above its quite nice for them all to sit and eat the same at the same time as i could see arguments happening if they all have different and one has something nicer than the other and they want eachothers lol