PDA

View Full Version : For a pre reg visit do I need to have

newtothis
07-07-2011, 09:52 AM
All my paperwork to show them i.e. contracts, child record forms etc ?

littleguy1
07-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Hiya

No they don't look at all that, well they didn't with me anyway. I had my policies all written up and well presented and she was pleased with that. She will want to see your risk assessment. Anything else is a bonus and will impress the inspector :-):thumbsup:

newtothis
07-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Hi thanks for the reply

I only ask as i was told by local QI officer i needed these in place but would also need to buy insurance and membership/paperwork at the same time, but obviously i don't want to purchase insurance if there is going to be a big gap between ofstead coming and getting the go ahead

littleguy1
07-07-2011, 10:14 AM
Exactly, no don't buy insurance until after as what if they don't register you for any reason?? You'd be stuck with public liability insurance which you don't need! My council actually supplies start up funding which includes 1 years insurance, ncma membership and all the paperwork we require such as contracts etc which I couldn't have got until I was registered. I don't know why they told you to get all the paperwork in place beforehand (contracts, child record forms) as, again, if you couldn't be registered for some reason, it would be a waste of money!

newtothis
07-07-2011, 10:18 AM
Thanks thats what i had reasoned in my head I have all the money for the ins, paperwork and membership waiting.

You were lucky there is no funding at all here :( , I'll plod on with my policies and RA then have quite a lot done already :)