PDA

View Full Version : Children's Views?

md0u0131
06-07-2011, 08:34 PM
I am trying to fill in my SEF for the first time. How do you evidence children's views of your setting?

So far I look after a 10month old, 13month old and a profoundly deaf 3yr old who has little communication.

Help please!

sarah707
06-07-2011, 08:52 PM
Do the children look forward to coming? Do they come in and start playing? Are they well settled? Do they enjoy your resources? Are they bored and listless?

Can they move around your house freely? Do they enjoy taking toys outside?

There are lots of ways of spotting happy / unhappy children... look back at your observations and assessments and see :D

Penny1959
06-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Good advice from Sarah

Also

Do you offer choice - for example more than one box toys at a time, helping self to fruit from a bowl, pointing to packet of cereal - or just looking with eyes,

How do you know when they like or don't like something - do they verbally say, or turn away or look down if don't like - smile, clap come forward if they do like.

Do the youngest ones relax when you touch them or go 'stiff'

Do you know which ones like to be tickelled and which ones don't , who likes to get messy during play and who doesn't, who prefers to be outside and who would much rather be inside

As Sarah says your observations will help out with this - but I bet a lot of this information is in your head

Penny :)

md0u0131
06-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Thank you Sarah - its commons sense when you put it like that! What's the saying "can't see the wood for the trees?"

md0u0131
06-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Thank you Sarah and penny - its commons sense when you put it like that! What's the saying "can't see the wood for the trees?"