PDA

View Full Version : Food Diary

handeme
06-07-2011, 06:38 PM
I keep a diary everyday for parents of the food that we have eaten, I also keep a copy. Do i need to do a weekly menu for ofsted too?

c x

pinkbutterfly
06-07-2011, 06:57 PM
I do a weekly menu for parents. It's good practice and helps parents plan their meals.

handeme
06-07-2011, 07:16 PM
I did used to do one but parents never looked at it, is it something ofsted look for?

c x

sarah707
06-07-2011, 09:02 PM
The Eyfs says we need to discuss food with parents and incorporate their wishes into our menus.

It also says in the development matters document that meal options should be displayed so children know what they are having... and children's views should be taken into account when meals are planned (likes, dislikes, preferences as well as allergies etc).

I have a 4 week rolling menu which is renewed / reviewed seasonally. There are lots of ideas here -

http://www.netmums.com/food/Filled_in_meal_planners.5848/?utm_source=foodnews&utm_medium=email

Hth :D

Susana0600
06-07-2011, 09:19 PM
The Eyfs says we need to discuss food with parents and incorporate their wishes into our menus.

It also says in the development matters document that meal options should be displayed so children know what they are having... and children's views should be taken into account when meals are planned (likes, dislikes, preferences as well as allergies etc).

I have a 4 week rolling menu which is renewed / reviewed seasonally. There are lots of ideas here -

http://www.netmums.com/food/Filled_in_meal_planners.5848/?utm_source=foodnews&utm_medium=email

Thank you very much for the link!! :thumbsup:

francinejayne
06-07-2011, 09:57 PM

I have a sample menu displayed, and also in the information pack give to parents when they sign contracts and on my website.

I have never set a definite menu that I have followed - I wouldn't want to do this as our plans change e.g. with all the lovely weather recently I packed an impromptu picnic and we set off to the park for the day.

I had the sample menu on my noticeboard when I had my inspection and the inspector did not comment on it. Am I doing wrong in not displaying what we are having each day?

AliceK
07-07-2011, 08:44 AM
I have a sample menu displayed, and also in the information pack give to parents when they sign contracts and on my website.

I have never set a definite menu that I have followed - I wouldn't want to do this as our plans change e.g. with all the lovely weather recently I packed an impromptu picnic and we set off to the park for the day.

I had the sample menu on my noticeboard when I had my inspection and the inspector did not comment on it. Am I doing wrong in not displaying what we are having each day?

I kind of do the same as well. On my noticeboard and in my parents folder I have Sample Menu which lists typical things we have for Breakfast, Lunch and Tea. I write up a menu for the week at the weekend but this is only to enable me to write my shopping list but no-one see's that menu apart from myself as it is flexible and so I may not do the dish that's listed on Monday until Weds or I may decide depending on the weather and what we might be doing to change to something else completely. Ofsted saw my Sample Menu and didn't comment on me not having one written up definitively week by week.

xxx

mushpea
07-07-2011, 09:31 AM
I used to have a menu plan for the evening meals but now i've stopped doing them I dont have a menu,, I just decide from whats in the fridge compared with the children i have that day and their likes and dislikes then make up a lunch from that. I wouldnt want to do a menu plan for lunch incase for some reason I didnt have what was on the plan,, plus I give the children a choice of what they would like.

handeme
07-07-2011, 11:03 AM
I have a menu in my parent pack and on my website. My mindee is one so doesnt take any notice of it and his mum and dad dont either so I stopped doing it.

c x