PDA

View Full Version : help wth a decision.....please

angiemog
06-07-2011, 05:08 PM
I have very nearly finished the diploma in home-based childcare. I have just received information on the new diploma (children and young peoples workforce) I have got funding to be able to do this? My decision is whether to do this or not? I will already have a level 3 qualification, I am also 9 weeks pregnant :) I would like to do this to keep my options in the future open and also have the newly recognised qualification. So do I do it or am I giving myself more unnecessary work? I have a week to make a decision and have no idea what to do. I would really appreciate your comments.
Thanks x

funemnx
06-07-2011, 05:27 PM
I went to an open evening last night about doing my level 3 in September (children in young peoples workforce). From what I can gather I will get full funding for this as I have no other level 3 qualifications. It might be that you will have to pay for part or all of this new course as you already have a level 3. Can you call in to your college and ask them to check for you?

rickysmiths
06-07-2011, 05:31 PM
If you already have a level 3 then i can't see the point in doing another one.

Andrea08
06-07-2011, 06:42 PM
If you already have a level 3 then i can't see the point in doing another one.

this is what we have been told just because the name has changed the information etc has not and i did the nvq3 CCLD and this still stands,

we can not do a level 4 unless we do the foundation degree but this is 3yrs (Part time 6-9pm x1 a week) with a 6/12 month top up for the BA honers and a further few months for profecional status .... OMG by this time im looking at semi retirement depending how far the gov move the goal posts lol

stay at what you have done and make a decision if the foundation degree is for you or not xxx