PDA

View Full Version : construction toys

Helen79
06-07-2011, 11:55 AM
I need ideas for construction toys for a 3 & 6 year old. We've only got megablocks and duplo which they're too old for now. Going to get some lego but thinking of things with cogs & wheels if anyone's got any ideas?

kel1983
06-07-2011, 12:07 PM
mine seem to enjoy Stickle Bricks

Im looking to get something with cogs and wheells too but just cant seem to find anything

loocyloo
06-07-2011, 12:08 PM
my older children still love duplo! ( 8 & 9 yr old boys! )

we do have lego as well!

knex is good, you can get 'big' knex as well.

we also like the geo/magnet type of construction.

we had some meccano type construction too, but i got rid of it, as it was too fiddly for them to use.

mine will also build for hours using the box of wooden blocks/shapes!

have fun xxx

lauren1979
06-07-2011, 12:23 PM
we have the nut and bolt type constrcution stuff from the ELC, 4 year old is just getting to grips with using it himself...younger ones love helping me to build robots/cars/trailers etc

also big duplo fans here!

Jiorjiina
06-07-2011, 01:29 PM
I need ideas for construction toys for a 3 & 6 year old. We've only got megablocks and duplo which they're too old for now. Going to get some lego but thinking of things with cogs & wheels if anyone's got any ideas?

So... Lego Technic (http://technic.lego.com/en-us/Default.aspx) then?

singingcactus
06-07-2011, 01:36 PM
We have various sized magnetix, lego, lincoln logs, wooden blocks, Gears,gears,gears, meccano, small tyres, and more

Also construction themed, we have marble run, dino track, rail road, construction straws, magnetic blocks, tessellation tiles.

Can't remember what else, it's all in the big kid play room, with my lists, and there is currently a sleeping child in there too.