PDA

View Full Version : When Should I start advertising?

larlinlisa
06-07-2011, 11:55 AM
Hello

I have sent my Ofsted forms of and I know this can take weeks. I have done my cypop and my first aid. Waiting for ncma to come back to be about my safeguarding course

Just wondered when should I start to advertise myself?

I dont really want to get my cert through and then have to wait to get my children as I just want to get going?

When did you start ?

thanks

nikkiross1
07-07-2011, 10:31 AM
im in exactly the same boat! i have sent all my application and crb forms off done my first aid course and cypo5 thingy and i just feel like im in catch 22! becuase i dont feel i can advertise yet as i dont no EXACTLY when i'll be qualified but then i dont want to miss the september rush and be without childiren!! (no much help to you) but just wanted to see what other people think too xx

Asti
07-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Hi,
I was told 12weeks from start to finish, I am in Nottingham. It took 15wks from my first briefing session to getting my certificate. I waited until I had my pre-reg visit to start advertising. Good Luck:)

Louise0208
07-07-2011, 01:49 PM
it took 11 months from ofsted application to arrival of certificate for me! :(

the major hold up was the CRB....as usual!

kate delaney
08-07-2011, 06:40 PM
has anyone had it done sooner i need it done with in 8 weeks :)

cockatoos
09-07-2011, 06:37 PM
I had my pre-reg inspection last Tuesday, then rang Ofsted to check whether everything else was in and have just started advertising. However, it has all been fairly quick for me - I only went to the briefing in April, and sent forms in at beginning of May (but Ofsted didn't log them until end of May).

Konoko
12-07-2011, 05:04 PM
I had to ring up OFSTED today, because I haven't heard anything from them, and I sent off all my things. The lady was helpful and she said it is weird that nobody called me up, since my papers were filed on the 24th May..
Sometimes I feel like I'm being discriminated, because I'm not from here.. grr..
I've done some advertisement, but no luck yet, but at least I have a definite one who would come to me whenever I get my certificate..
When do you guys have done your Fodd hygene course? I know somebody who have done it before certification, but my coordinator said i can do it after certification.. So I'm not sure that's up?
thanks ladies xx

Little steps
14-07-2011, 08:40 PM
I didnt advertise places until my pre-reg visit with prospects lady happened and she was the one who asked me in the first place if i had been advertising. ;)

Hope that helps.

Curvylou
15-07-2011, 11:01 AM
I'm in the same boat, my forms went to Ofsted in May. I've done my first aid, and basic food hygiene had my pre reg visit, sent off my grant application forms, done all paperwork possible and am waiting for prospect to call!

Ofsted said they have until the 25th july but should I start advertising now...to take on once certificate has come through (as ofsted said that would be about 2 weeks after my visit!)

Konoko
15-07-2011, 03:16 PM
I just phoned OFsted today again just to check if they've done anything, and the guy gave me a phone number to call and talk to the admin team. So i called and they were really helpful and the guy said they're going to get in touch with the manager of the team and they will assign an inspector next week tuesdayish, so I'm hoping they'll come the week after next (fingers crossed).
I hope you'll have your visit soon too!