PDA

View Full Version : selfish mother

julie w
06-07-2011, 09:42 AM
Walking to school the other day a mindee age 7 held my hand and was very quiet. He hates shows of affection so I asked him what was up. He said if his mum died would his stepdad be allowed home from the army to look after him so he wasn't on his own. I asked him what made him think this. He said his mum told him she had cancer and there was a chance she might die. So I called mum and she said she had a mole on her arm that had changed and she was seeing the doctor this week. I said her son was in bits. She said she thought it was best to be honest with him and maybe she should have kept him off school with her. Anyway I read on face book this morn it was nothing at all and she just has to keep an eye on it. She puts every detail of her life on facebook. But I'm so angry she upset her boy like this. Surely she shouldnt have said anything and then if it was cancer only told him as and when neccessary.

Zoomie
06-07-2011, 10:04 AM
some parents :rolleyes:

caz3007
06-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Goodness me, yes you should tell children the truth, but in this instance there was nothing to say. I found a lump a couple of years ago and didnt even tell hubby, until after as didnt want him stressing until I knew the outcome.

Poor child, feel so sorry for him. What a worry for little shoulders when he didnt have to worry at all

danielly124
06-07-2011, 10:44 AM
why not wait until she nos for defo.the poor lil boy i hope hes ok x

Blaze
06-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Poor LO :( - GRRRR to the Mum!:angry:

jayne
06-07-2011, 11:18 AM
what ever goes through some parents minds surly she should have waited till she had been to the doctors poor child this is going to play on his mind for a long time even though there is nothing to worry about

Twinkle-Toes
06-07-2011, 11:42 AM
Oh my goodness, what was she thinking?? Yes when children reach a certain age they can handle things a bit more and you should be more truthful etc but crikey....think she's taking it a bit literal!

Pipsqueak
06-07-2011, 11:51 AM
oh that poor poor poor child.

stupid stupid stupid mother:angry:

Jiorjiina
06-07-2011, 12:53 PM
Perhaps she was scared and not thinking straight when she said it?

On the other hand, that's about the only excuse you could possibly use for that, what a thing to say to your child! :eek:

JCrakers
06-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Poor little mite.....:( I bet he was absolutely petrified that his mother was going to die.

What an awful thing for a child to go through..I feel really sorry for him
Give him lots of love

becky x

onceinabluemoon
06-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Whilst I agree you probably shouldn't have told her young child, can you imagine how scared she must have been?

I don't think its something anybody can pass judgement on unless they've been there to be honest.

I had a mole change shape and go crusty just before I started CMing and told my 11 and 12 year old kids there may be a problem, they asked questions which I answered honestly as I always have done. Maybe this little lad was the same - it is possible that mum answered his questions rather than just said 'I'm gonna die!' IYSWIM

BuggsieMoo
06-07-2011, 01:45 PM
I agree with onceinabluemoon - the child may have got this conclusion himself. However, Mum really should have thought about it what she would say, how she would answer questions that were bound to be raised by this and chose the appropriate moment prior to speaking to LO about it.

I have been in this situation where someone I know told me they had cancer apparently it was really bad and they were receiving treatment for it etc etc etc - anyway turned out a few weeks down the line they were better and after further chats to see how they were and to offer moral support, dropped themselves in it with comments they said to me and others and there never was any cancer - it was just attention seeking. It amazes me how low some people will stoop just to get others attention. Rant over :blush:

LOOPYLISA
06-07-2011, 06:53 PM
Awww bless him :(

xgemx
06-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Aww poor boy bet he was terrified

Twinkles
06-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Very self centred.

It's one thing to keep older children informed, but a 7 yr old ?

I'm sure she was scared but it's our job as responsible adults to shield our children from scary situations wherever possible.

georgie456
06-07-2011, 08:24 PM
What an odd thing to do?! What is wrong with people?!?!

wendywu
06-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Its one thing to be honest if you know the truth, but she did not.

Lets face it any one of us could drop dead at any moment with a embolism, heart attack, but you would not impart this new to a young child. :panic: