PDA

View Full Version : potty training

Gracie's mamma
06-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Could somebody help me please.
I have a little girl (nearly 2 yrs) who's mother started potty training her about 3 months ago . She started off well , but never asks to go for a poo.
She will only poo in her nappy and now has lots of accidents in my house - :angry:
The mother brings her in knickers which she wets within an hour of being here.

I just think she should get her 100% trained before bringing her to me 4 days a week to wee all over my house /

I just can't keep asking her if she needs a wee , and when i do she says no thank you then wee's in my house .
What should i do ??

:blush:

JCrakers
06-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Potty training.....agghh..dont you just LOVE it..:laughing:

Potty training shouldnt go on for 3months. If the child is ready then it should take a week or two.

From the beginning I dont ask the child I take them to the potty,every half an hour or so. This way they can see the wee in the potty etc. I use pullups for a couple of days until they are used to it and then we go onto pants.

I have just tried a 2.5y old mindee but although she was physically ready she wasnt in the correct frame of mind so after 10 days we stopped as she wasnt interested also she was holding in her wee for 7hrs and not going at all :eek:

Sounds like little one wasnt really ready at that young age??

Have a word with Mum and let her know your concerns..Have you tried sticker chart? Maybe stuck onto the toilet wall. Maybe give a small sticker for sitting on the toilet and a large one for doing a wee.

Poo's are difficult sometimes as some kids can be a bit scared of letting go and feel safer doing it in their pants.