PDA

View Full Version : Do I or Don't I

Fairy Tanya
06-07-2011, 08:22 AM
Had my first client wanting my services, only thing is, I'm only just starting. going to register self emloyed this week to start next week. BUT
the client only needs me during school term and we have 2 weeks left until the summer hols.
Heard a rumour on the grapevine that a friend of mine al needs childcare and is going to ask me (but hasn't yet) and she is only wanting it on school term time only. (2weeks left)
am hoping to get summer hols kids for the holidays (in 2 weeks time).
my first lady would like me to start next week for the last 2 weeks of term but only doing 6 hrs. - I'm on JSA (same a s working tax - same amount - differnt title), and child tax credit. If I take her on, then I won't get any of these, as am under the 16 hrs a week to qualify.
so my question is do I or don't I
take her on for the last 2 weeks of school and forfeit my tax credits and hope to get some holiday kids, which I then have to change the circumstances in my tax credits to fit their system.
OR
contiue sighing on for las 2 weeks of school and still get my tax credits. hoping that I get some holiday kids.
HELP
not sure what to do?
have spoken to my 1st client, she's quite happy either to start now or start at the beginning of term in septermber. (after all it will take about 4 weeks to get her credit sorted anyway.

AARRRRRRGGHHHHH

:panic: :eek: :panic: :(

Tanya

Fairy Tanya
07-07-2011, 08:45 AM
Right, it's all off until the beginning of term now. As my first client really didn't want me to lose out on tax credits either,. bless her. my second client says also the beginning of term now too.
so just hoping that I wiill get some over the school holidays in 2 weeks time.
wish me luck. xxxx
Tanya
just still going to fill out self employed registration and not sure if I put my business name rather than my normal name. I suppose I could do both
mmmm. have to think, any quick responses about the filling business name would be appreciated
Tanya;)

newbie1512
07-07-2011, 01:46 PM
When you say just starting, do you mean the childminding registration?

Fairy Tanya
08-07-2011, 01:22 PM
no - have done all that already.
I now ofsted registered.
what I mean by just starting - is this is my first EVER client with her child, that I will be looking after. but she doesn't need me now til the start of the school holidays in september, as she works in a school herself, she gets all the school holiday off. so it is not worth her child starting to be looked after by me, as I would only have her for 2 weeks and thhen not see her until new school term starts.

Tanya
Have now registered as self employed - as of 11/7/11

sharonmanc
08-07-2011, 01:27 PM
look into whther you will be entitled to a 4 week run on in your tax credits /benefits when you go self employed, as you usually are.

Fairy Tanya
08-07-2011, 01:27 PM
whats that then (4 week run)???

sharonmanc
08-07-2011, 01:55 PM
4 weeks run on , is when you go from unemployed to employed you will still recieve your money for 4 weeks as they know that for a lot of people they work a month inhand so it is kind of a buffer when you start work, the same when you stop work

have a look on here about half way down http://www.litrg.org.uk/low-income-workers/tax-credits/tax-credits-advisers/working-tax-credit.htm

and check on the HMRC website itself, give them a call to ask for information they will be able to tell you

Fairy Tanya
09-07-2011, 03:52 PM
When I spoke to my careworker type person there, she said, even tho I will be classed as self mployed and you don't have any work, then you can still sigh on and claim, so long as you are still looking for work. I am hoping to have kids for over the summer hols.
keep your fingers crossed, that I do.
also 2nd client has said she will want me for 6 hours also at the beginning of term in september. she just has to find out if she can get tax credits.
do you also know what the minimum of hours are that you can claim for childcare credits - as I know very little about childcare credits. and I really do not know how they work.
what I could make out from another childminder is that.
you get Working tax credit if you work over 16 hrs a week, and child tax credit. they then take the childcare credit from the child tax credit. so in theory. you wouldn't get WTC and CTC and CCC. you would only get WTC & CCC which would go towards the childminder.
can someone clear this up please. as I'm confused about it.
Tanya