PDA

View Full Version : Children's Participation Policy

Kirsteen
05-07-2011, 11:19 PM
Hi!

Can anyone offer any enlightenment on the above???? Is it pretty much just how I intend to involve the kids in planning the activities???

Thanks

Penny1959
06-07-2011, 04:32 AM
Sorry I am not from Scotland and I do not have such a policy - however everything I do is based on listening to the views of young children.

If you put Listening to young children in on an internet search you will come up with lots

Here is one to get you started
http://www.ncb.org.uk/ecu_network/ycvn/ycvn_home/listening_to_young_children.aspx

I am a trainer for the Corum Family ' Listening to Young Children' project - maybe there is someone in your area who is?

But in a nutshell it is about watching body language, listening to verbal comments and asking for child;s view on everything. It is possible to gather the viewsof every child - and nearly everyone does it to some extent - often without knowing it!

PM me if you would like some further information

Penny :)

Kirsteen
17-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Hi Penny

Thanks for your response on the above. It does seem to be more of a Scottish requirement this one. Appreciate your advice, but it doesn't seem to fully fit the Scottish framework. Think up here its more of a directly asking the kids outright what they want approach, then demonstarting how u then use that information. I've managed to pull together some semblance of a policy anyway, so hopefully it will be ok!

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to respond :-)

danasdaycare
29-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Hey,

I was only registered in June and never had to draw up a participation policy.

Wonder why only some inspectors insist on this?:(

Dana