PDA

View Full Version : my poor kitten

Helen Dempster
05-07-2011, 09:58 PM
I got a gorgeous kitten a couple of weeks ago, he's only 3m old and has just had his first batch of jabs, so still isn't allowed out. Mindee, 2yo keeps going up to him, stroking him nicely (to lull me into a false sense of security I think)...and then he suddenly either kicks him or pulls his tail really hard :( I didn't want to lock Frodo (that's the kitten's name, not the mindee! lol) away all day. Just wondered what you all do, if any of you have cats (I know alot of you have dogs).

Help!

wendywu
05-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Say NO in a really loud stern voice, and remove him sharply and firmly away from the cat. :mad:

rickysmiths
06-07-2011, 05:18 AM
I agree! Little monkey!

As the kitten is new and so little I would prob keep it out of the way and just introduce it gradually to the children.

Helen Dempster
06-07-2011, 06:53 AM
Say NO in a really loud stern voice, and remove him sharply and firmly away from the cat. :mad:

This is what I do - about 100 times a day! :angry: I've also started to put him in time out. I think I might just accept defeat and put Frodo upstairs during the minded hours.

phoebe-alice
06-07-2011, 09:09 AM
I had trouble with this with my cat and my gran's dog whenever she visited. My little 2 year old mindee would go up to them and give them a lovely stroke then either grab them by the tail or kick them, which I wasn't a happy chappy about as my wee Paddy (my cat) he's my pride and joy other than him still not sleeping through the night at one and a half!
But in the end poor Paddy got his own back and scratched him as he pulled his tail and he has never tried it again :rolleyes: was just a little awkward telling his grandad of the incident but he stuck up for the cat hehe.
As for the dog he still occasionally tries it, but as said before sharply say no and I would just reinforce it is not nice to hurt the dog and closely monitor them while they are together and try and catch the action before it happens.
Paddy has a little enclosed bed which he can go to if it all gets too much for him so its nice if they do have a little area they can slink off too when they need a little peace, but I wouldn't lock the little man away all day as the children and kitty just both need to adjust to each other.
But best of luck and you'll have it sorted in no time.