PDA

View Full Version : What is EYFS?

brighter
02-05-2008, 06:48 PM
Might seem like a stupid question to all of you. I registered in March had someone round beginning of the year for an inspection but no one mentioned the EYFS. Do I need to do more training and exams? Or are these thougher inspections?

Thank you Nadine

Kelly
02-05-2008, 07:44 PM
Nadine

The EYFS is the Early Years Foundation Stage which is the curriculum guidance that will replace the Birth to Three matters framework in September 2008. I suggest you ring the DfES (0845 60 222 60) and order yourself a copy, you need to quote 00012-2007PCK-EN. The pack contains the statutory framework which will replace the national standards so you will need to become acquainted with it. If you have a support childminder she might be able to point you in the right direction for courses or contact your local early years department as you really should try and get on some kind of course.

Kelly

mjw
02-05-2008, 07:48 PM
It stands for Early Years Foundation Stage which all of us will be following from september 2008. There are trainings all over surrey for this so look in the training dates that are sent out to you every term. Whereabouts are you in Surrey? You should have a support childminder so quiz them on this and I am sure they will guide you. But keep asking questions and you will gradually catch on
Mary

sarah707
02-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Unfortunately the packs aren't in print at the moment... not sure when they will be available...

You can download information about eyfs here :D

http://www.teachernet.gov.uk/teachingandlearning/EYFS/

deeb66
03-05-2008, 07:09 AM
Hi Nadine

Living in the Surrey area I am surprised that you haven't heard anything about EYFS Nadine!

Where about's in Surrey are you?