PDA

View Full Version : 2 year old funding

blue bear
05-07-2011, 04:06 PM
I have been asked to consider providing care for children who have been given two year old funding, does any one do this and what paper work etc is
involved ?
Thank you in advance x

debratina
05-07-2011, 04:18 PM
hi
is it the one for 10 hours a week?

Pipsqueak
05-07-2011, 04:20 PM
i have done and still do this.

No extra paperwork involved on my part. I just get the childs referrer to sign the contract as well as well as whomever is paying me - ie the LA.

With regards to efys... again nothing different to what we do already - ie a Learning Journal. depending on why a child is referred there might be specific concerns such as speech etc and you may be required to work closely with other professionals.

I found I became the families' support and advocate (for one family) - suggesting things for the whole family like a CAF, fighting on their behalf with various professionals etc.
Another family I was deeply involved in a neglect case - very very harrowing

Another child had behavioural problems....

its really rewarding work - hard at times but I enjoyed it

loocyloo
05-07-2011, 05:30 PM
i'm just about to start offering the funding for disadvantaged 2 yr olds.

as far as i know, it is pretty much the same paperwork as for any EYFS child!

i can also offer the funded sessions for 3 & 4 yr olds, and all my claiming for payment etc will be done at the same time.

i think it is likely to become more a support system for the whole family, modeling good parenting and going that extra mile. although i think as childminders we do this anyway, and we will have extra support if we need it.

mushpea
05-07-2011, 05:33 PM
you can offer it if you are accredited,, the paper work is the same as the eyfs but you need to do one big ob a week instead of once a term.

Pipsqueak
05-07-2011, 06:11 PM
as far as I am aware you don't have to be accredited to offer the 2yr old funding - although different areas may have different criteria