PDA

View Full Version : business very quiet at the moment

clairette
05-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Hi there,
Is anyone else finding business very quiet at the moment? I had two lovely under 5's that i was minding, but both gave notice within a week of each other (not for anything i have done). Both families have given me lovely references, but I am struggling to replace the children and I rely on the money. I have been replying to loads of adverts online but no one comes back, and the phone does not ring. We have another childminder in the village, but she seems to have loads of business in fact 2 assistants!!!!!
I'm feeling very disappointed at the moment

JCrakers
05-07-2011, 05:12 PM
Yes..very very quiet.
I've had 1 phone call since Nov and that's not amounted to anything.

I've got adverts in shops, told everyone I have spaces, a new website, advert on netmums, childcare.co.uk but not 1 enquiry, i'm on the vacancy list with the local childminding group.
I'm starting to get a bit down about it all really. I do have children at he moment so it's not all bad but from Sept I have 2 leaving for school so will only have a 2.5yr old mon-thur on her own.
Hope it picks up soon

Becky

loocyloo
05-07-2011, 05:35 PM
yes its quiet :(

i'm starting to do some respite care for social services, and am available as a bank worker for the local childrens centre.

i also wear a childminder fleece & tshirt when i'm out and about, with adverts on my car too!

xxx

adele1985
20-07-2011, 05:45 PM
My only mindee starts full time school in september and havent had any other intrest even though ive advertised in shops ect. Even made my own website www.adeleschildminding.com but still no luck :(

lou lou
20-07-2011, 07:08 PM
have you thought about a banner or sign to put out where you live i have done that and have picked up a lot of enquiries from it since i put it out where as before the phone never rang since putting my sign out had about six enquiries have a look on vista print it is not too expensive

Ripeberry
20-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Been very quiet here also, but this evening had a bit of luck as I was picking up my own DDs from the after school club and I was one of the last ones to pick up and one other parent was having a heated discussion with the playleader as they told her that from next term they won't be offering Mondays anymore.

The mum, kept going on and on about how is she going to manage...blah..blah.
Then I told her that I have a space coming up and could have her daughter (10yrs old).
She was happy and I was happy and I think my DD1 will be glad as on that day I'm full with under 5's but still have space in the car and the child is one of her best friends at school :clapping:

So keep you chins up, opportunities can come out of the blue!

Ripeberry
20-07-2011, 08:45 PM
have you thought about a banner or sign to put out where you live i have done that and have picked up a lot of enquiries from it since i put it out where as before the phone never rang since putting my sign out had about six enquiries have a look on vista print it is not too expensive

What about security though? I don't think I'd want 'passing trade' just turning up at my door.

glitzygal
20-07-2011, 09:41 PM
IT is very quiet

and i am panicing now as a few are term time only and i havent got any extra ones in holidays to cover the money i loose.................

not sure what i am going to do,,,,, emailed loads, reply to loads, nothing........

and I also think that us childminders cant compete with nurseries who provide evrything,, nappys, food, snacks,

lets hope we get some good vibes and the phones start ringing,.............:thumbsup:

loocyloo
20-07-2011, 09:45 PM
i got home from a late pick up run to find a message on my ansaphone from a mum who is visiting relative locally next week and is looking for some childcare for her children for a few mornings! would i please ring her back ASAP!

i rang back once it was quiet and left a message ... she hasn't returned my call! but i suspect i will be more expensive than she was anticipating! however, i offer an awful lot more than the local holiday clubs!