PDA

View Full Version : why are people so bad mannered

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
05-07-2011, 01:25 PM
Just feeling abit annoyed and wanted to come and have a moan!!

I had a lady enquire for a full time space starting later on in the year, she came and visited and then we spoke again on the phone, eveything seemed positive then she told me she would let me know by a certain date and ive heard nothing, i left it a few more days then left a message on her answer phone well that was nearly 2 wks ago and ive heard nothing.

I then had another enquiry, the parents came and had a look around said that they wanted to send their child here. Arranged for her to come on Monday to sign paperwork. Monday afternoon i recieve a text saying that she would have to rearrange. So i sent one back letting her know what days i am availble and im yet to get a reply from her, i tried ringing earlier but her phone rang out.

Why is it that people can be so illmannered. If they have changed their mind is it too much to ask that they send me a text or phone me :angry: :angry:

Maybe im being a bit senstive as i never had this happen to me before, in the 2 years ive been minding the parents that have enquired have always signed withme, and so to happen twice in a month has really upset me.

Ive got my fingers crossed that this lady may still phone me back to arrange signing paperwork.

I feel better nowive got it of my chest.

munch149
05-07-2011, 01:36 PM
There is nothing wrong with asking for a bit of honesty. At the end of the day you could have turned away someone else saying the space was taken. But unfortunately there are people out there like this and we can do nothing about it. Just bad luck I'm afraid. I have had this happen twice.

Bananabrain
05-07-2011, 01:41 PM
I was saying the very same thing this morning.
I have sent loads of messages on childcare.co.uk [ don't get me wrong, the site is fab] including trying to put people in touch with fellow local minders if I can't help. Long story, I'm changing schools as from Sept.
I just don't get why people can't spend 2 mins saying 'thanks for that'
It does make me a bit cross. I wouldn't do it.
Hubs said that it's because people are too lazy and self absorbed these days.
Sad really.

loocyloo
05-07-2011, 01:48 PM
it seems to be happening more and more lately :(

i've had people not turn up for interviews, or come & say they want a space and then i never see or hear from them again, only once since april, has someone replied to a message sent via childcare.co.uk ( most don't even read their messages ), i've had 2 contacts through netmums, both have said they will contact me to arrange interviews and again, no response ever again!

i've checked that my contact details are correct and they are!!!

its not even as if there is a lot of choice for childcare where i am, childminders & nurseries are few & far between! :(

caz3007
05-07-2011, 02:44 PM
It doesnt hurt to have a bit of courtesy and spare 2 mins to say no thanks if they dont want the place.

One of my mums moved to the next town and was looking for childcare for her LO. She went to visit one and then decided on the after school club, she asked me what to text the CM just so she knew what was happening. I told her it was a big bugbear of us when peeps dont contact. We all realise that some CM's or childcare suit some families better.

I had one ring and say they had decided to go with another minder and then a week later they said they had made a mistake and they are just leaving me after 2 years cos mum is pregnant, but may get LO and new baby back at a later date.

the happy house
05-07-2011, 04:03 PM
yep... have had all of the above problems....
but..... (and don't shoot me) ... I've come across childminders doing the same.
Before I re-registered for childminding, I contacted several minders for care for my son.... hardly any replied. A mum who came to see me the other day about care for her son, had contacted 18 minders... and had replies from 3.

Have to say, the lack of response from parents has been getting me down though. Why say they'll get back to you, then not bother to do it... I'd prefer it if they didn't make the promise at all.

caz3007
05-07-2011, 04:11 PM
I contacted three minders over in your town Happyhouse for the mum that moved (I did ask happy first if she could help) I explained why I was helping mum and only one out of the three minders even bothered to reply and you for course.

So yes it is minders too. I always answer even if I cant help as its only courtesy. I must admit I popped a note through a new minder across the road from me as I had an enquiry for the school she collects from and although I have seen her she never acknowledged it.

boxtree7
05-07-2011, 04:14 PM
I was thinking the same as i was a holding a place for a mum of 2 but she had not being in contact since her first visit .... nearly 6 weeks ago so i gave the place to someone else low & behold she knocked at the door yesterday looking for totally different days to which orignially requested and the place was only for her elest child - thank goodness I didn't hang on. I didn't have a contact number for her either.