PDA

View Full Version : what do you do when a mindee leaves?

newandlearning
05-07-2011, 07:09 AM
hi all..

I've got a few mindees leaving at end of term.. I'm thinking of giving them a book each as a goodbye pressie .. plus some chocs or something..

I'm giving them their Learning Journals .. and I'm also wondering do you ask for testimonials or exit questionnaires , so to speak.

Just wondered.. :) :)

Pipsqueak
05-07-2011, 07:13 AM
I give them a questionnaire - if the children are old enough then I ask them to fill one in too

I also ask the parents for a written reference and if they are willing to be contacted by future clients.

newandlearning
05-07-2011, 07:23 AM
hi Pip..

I've asked for references and the two parents leaving haven't given me one.. I think I need to now get a questionnaire done instead..

It makes me feel a bit low that with one of these mindees I've had him for 2 years and mum hasn't given me a reference..

what kinds of questions do you ask on leaving for child and parent? :( :)

Pipsqueak
05-07-2011, 07:36 AM
I would just remind them again about a reference - just explain that its really helpful for you for evidence for Ofsted and training purposes as well as new clients.

loocyloo
05-07-2011, 02:02 PM
hi Pip..

I've asked for references and the two parents leaving haven't given me one.. I think I need to now get a questionnaire done instead..

It makes me feel a bit low that with one of these mindees I've had him for 2 years and mum hasn't given me a reference..

what kinds of questions do you ask on leaving for child and parent? :( :)

i cared for a family for 7 years, and mum offered to give me a written reference ... but she was busy with work, then it was christmas, then her year end, then one excuse after the other! i only reminded her a couple of times, it was always the first thing she said when i saw her at school! another family, whose children i looked after for 3 years, are also still promising me a reference! this mum keeps telling a friend of mine, that she feels very guilty and very aware that she hasn't done my reference yet ( only 7 months later ) my friend says 'just do it then' !!! neither of these families returned my questionaires either! i've just kept the leaving card they gave me saying thank you! at least its something to show!