PDA

View Full Version : Bullying advice

munch149
04-07-2011, 02:05 PM
How do you deal with bullying when one child is not with you. E.g at the park a minded child says that he is being bullied. What do you do?

rickysmiths
04-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Do you mean, another mindee is bullying this mindee?

If that is the case I would note down what the child has told you. I would speak to their parents to see if it has been mentioned at home and make notes. If it hasn't then reassure the parents that you will be speaking to the mindee concerned and to their parents to try and get to the bottom of what may have happened. It sounds as if you were surprised and children don't always tell the whole truth.

You need to get to the bottom of it, whilst reassuriing the child and all the parents, so a big issue isn't made out of this but at the same time it is taken seriously and investigated fully.

love381
04-07-2011, 03:38 PM
How do you deal with bullying when one child is not with you. E.g at the park a minded child says that he is being bullied. What do you do?

I take it you mean your mindee is being bullied by a child at the park!? I would make notes, reassure the mindee that you're going to try to help and speak to the parents about what they would like you to do in that situation!

Three times this has occurred with me over the years, 1 time parents said they wanted to deal with it as it was occurring in school too. 2 times the parents have said that it is up to me, if I feel it is necessary to have a quiet word with the other child's parent at the park then feel free to do so. All 3 parents wanted notes on anything the mindee told me and also anything I actually saw/heard myself!

x