PDA

View Full Version : Contact with SCSWIS

Babycat
04-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Over two weeks ago they call to let me know they have my pack and that I’ve to submit a payment and as soon as I do this they will progress with my pack. I did this straight after and payment cleared in 2 days.
I was fortunate enough for the person dealing with my application to tell me that it’s all there and looked good. (I had organised it to death!)

So over two weeks and I call today to change a reference as I have now handed in my notice so can use my area manager (had a post-it on the page explaining). The person on call was totally disorientated with the change over from Care Comm. She had no idea how to access much of my application, didn’t know where I was in the process and took my numbers to have admin phone me back within 3 days! (3 days!!- WHAT) Then she proceeded to tell me that it takes 3months from receiving applications to go through the process but she doubts they will fit that time scale! My app was sent like 4 weeks ago!

I am now stressing as we cannot afford to run the house on one wage so need to know a rough estimate -which we thought was 3months and we were going to apply for a loan (house improvement) payment break! STRESS- I’ve not enjoyed any of my maternity leave but officially I’m unemployed by 7.9.11 AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Then obviously I still need to fill spaces etc so was hoping that the 3months would be in my notice period then the loan break would be while I was advertising for mindees!

Anyone any ideas? or have recent contact with the change over? Feel so upset :panic:

sarah707
05-07-2011, 05:41 PM
I have heard from a few sources in Scotland that it is taking a long time at the moment to process applications.

Unfortunately there are other things that need to happen too like your Disclosure Scotland certificate and your doctor's form which clears you as medically fit to work with children.

I am afraid these things are often take as long as a piece of string and there is very little you can do to speed up the process especially with all the changes happening in Scotland at the moment.

Good luck with it all x

danasdaycare
05-07-2011, 09:00 PM
Oh honey sending you big hugs.

I dont want to tell you how long mine took-you'd freak out even more!

On the plus side I sent SCSWIS an enquiry about my online certificate last night and had a reply by 11am this morning.:clapping:

My disclosure was back within 3 weeks, fire brigade lost my form, so had to get another one sent. So my advice is track everything (doctor letter, references as well) regularly to keep a push on it, I let it carry on for way too long :blush:

:idea: Idea for extra cash-offer babysitting (at parents house) in your area in meantime. Money and experience/references, good if you can manage it.

All the best,

Dana

Babycat
05-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Had a call today! My officer! woohoo! Got my app at her office now (was at headquarters) appologised that its not on system and understands its been a month, also my disclosure needs re-doing to this PVG Scheme! (another change) but she was posting it today and ive too fill and book appointment for Tues/Thurs next week to have it signed off. Thank goodness.

Again its all unfortunate as I think the PVG also has a back log! Although my officer seemed lovely and she is sending her direct number for me to call her to keep it updated, she also said she would send out my Refs this week and get it all moving a bit faster because of the delay.

THANK GOODNESS! So it still all may work out. My uncle works in Royal Mail and has always taught me to record everything.. which I do and its always benefitted in the speed of things when you know who exactly signed for them! Especially if it goes missing as the person who signs feels bad and pull strings to fix it!

Hoping that the luck starts flowing!

Looking forward to my new adventure but its so weird thinking that I wont return to my day care setting!! :O

Demonjill
14-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Hi just to let you know my PVG disclosure was back very quick only few weeks :) :clapping:

MandieD
08-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Hi

I'm just going through registration at the minute as well. I had a few problems at the start with my payment getting lost but once I was in touch with my inspector it seems to have been moving fairly quickly.

My PVG disclosure came through quickly just a couple of weeks although I'm still waiting for my husbands disclosure to come back.

Hope it all works at for you.

Mandie x

Babycat
09-08-2011, 12:09 AM
Hey all quick update! Disclosure= 1 week, PVG= 2weeks, and my Officer has just returned from annual leave and is visiting me on Thursday!

I feel really ready though!

Safety things mostly in place or in to do table with a question! (e.g. thumb locks or not?)
Paper work done
Working on resources
Sending fire stuff 2mo
Chased my 2nd ref
Dont need to register for food

Looking forward to Thurs for some next steps! BORED lol

danasdaycare
13-08-2011, 07:57 PM
How did Thursday go?

Babycat
14-08-2011, 02:58 AM
sorry I opened a new thread! fab!! waiting on my 2nd ref and fire letter and ill get my certificate Terms to sign :-D x