PDA

View Full Version : MAYHEM

Greengrass74
04-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Is it just me or is everyone having a bad start to the day. :eek:

First mindee arrived, her wheelchair is broken (only a minor bit) but she is in tears. Out comes the tool kit and chair is fixed. One happy girl. :D

Next to arrive Mum has forgotten LO's best teddy more tears. Luckily she is happy with ED the Ted. :D

Also her sister has fallen over and grazed her knee. All cleaned up and first aid administered. :D

Then receive phone call from another Mum "we are running late can you please do the school run" time is now 20 to 9. OK we will do school run, mad rush to school but get there just as bell goes. :D

Last Mum gets here, she is in tears, went away for the weekend and has lost her purse with all her cards in and about £200 in cash. She has no petrol to get to work so lent her £30. :D

So far today have been a
Handyman
Nurse
Taxi driver
Shoulder to cry on
Bank Manager

Just another day in the life of a childminder, ;)

At least know everyone seems happy. :thumbsup: Now going to the local Country Park Please Please Please no more drama

desiderata
04-07-2011, 08:42 AM
My you have been busy. Well done for coping with all that! but as you say all in the day of a childminder. Who else would have to cope with that in a days work let alone an hourxxx:clapping: :clapping:

Toothfairy
04-07-2011, 08:43 AM
Wow!
Just what you need on Monday morning :eek:

maryp0ppins
04-07-2011, 08:48 AM
WOW what a morning you have had. But it sounds like you have everything sorted.

I can have morning where my head is spinning with parents, children etc etc but today was a easy morning babies in a good mood, school run all fine back home breakfast an hours free play and babies all tucked up in their cots, no hick-ups so fingers crossed the whole day stays this way.

Enjoy your day at the park :thumbsup:

:D

manjay
04-07-2011, 09:05 AM
A perfect example of how invaluable a childminder is:thumbsup:

Enjoy your day x

Kiddleywinks
04-07-2011, 09:16 AM
So far today have been a
Handyman
Nurse
Taxi driver
Shoulder to cry on
Bank Manager

WoW... and all before 10am :laughing:

rickysmiths
04-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Wow what would your parents do without you. Well done, it makes my morning look like a romp in the park. One mindee arrived at 8.40am and one at 9am for an hours settling in which went well.

Now we are off to toddlers for an hour!!

kel1983
04-07-2011, 10:08 AM
Wow that is manic.

I only have 1 lo on a monday and his mum called about 9.15 to tell she would be keeping him home as he wasnt too well.

Im happy with that. I have managed to mow both the back and front lawns and done all the washing so I think I may take a trip to Primark to top up on summer wear. :clapping:

Hope the rest of your day goes to plan :thumbsup:

Andrea08
04-07-2011, 10:56 AM
well done you :clapping: and just goes to show how gr8 a childminder you are and lets hope all these parents remember this ..

hope you have an enjoyable day x

ORKSIE
04-07-2011, 11:44 AM
Hope the rest of your day is less stressy. :thumbsup:

x

Greengrass74
04-07-2011, 11:57 AM
Got back from a great morning at the park all safe no problems, must of been just a Monday morning thing. We all have them I suppose must of been our turn today

All watered and fed now 4 asleep, and 1 watching Tweenies, and I am just eating a sandwich, (yes I actually have time today for a sandwich, doesn't happen very often as I am sure you will all agree)

I really do love this job :thumbsup:

Polly2
04-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Sounds like superchildminder to the rescue :thumbsup: glad you have time for a breather!! I'm doing the same - all ours are fast asleep - the wonders of fresh air :clapping:

Trouble
04-07-2011, 01:02 PM
and people say we drink tea all day :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

nice one xx

The Juggler
04-07-2011, 01:07 PM
omw - bet you needed a strong cup of coffee this morning!