PDA

View Full Version : When you are not the main EYFS provider

Vickster
03-07-2011, 08:17 PM
I look after two siblings, one who is at pre-school 5 sessions a week and one that is in reception. I have them for 2/3 days a week. I am going through their learning journeys and panicking that I have not done enough with them especially all the PSRN. Their Mum just wants them to play and relax when with me. How much do you do?

sarah707
03-07-2011, 08:33 PM
I probably do significantly more than I need to because I don't like big gaps in Learning Journeys :o

However for pre-schoolers I plan a lot of activities to cover the learning goals so it's not difficult to spot how much they already know and then follow up with questions and open ended activities to challenge their thinking.

You probably do more than you realise! :D

Vickster
03-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Neither do I Sarah, so I am going through all my photographs and linking them in now.

catswhiskers
03-07-2011, 08:40 PM
With the one that is at pre-school, are you sharing information etc. This is what you're supposed to do but it's very difficult. I've given up with nurseries and kindergartens I've contacted, as they've never got back. As long as you show you've tried then that's it.

I'm sure you're doing enough, and if Mum's happy well that's fine.