PDA

View Full Version : Running a mobile creche

Laughoutloud
03-07-2011, 02:58 PM
Hi all,

I have been asked by my local childrens centre to go in tomorrow and discuss the prospect of running a mobile creche for them.

I have looked in ratios and regulations and understand the requirements, but i'am stuck on what to charge.

I have googled it and not really found anything.

Has anyone done this type of thing before and if so what did charge? Did you charge a flat rate per hour or per child.

Any suggestion welcome please!!!!!!

munch149
03-07-2011, 05:42 PM
I would charge per child as would affect how much help
You would need. No experience of this tho I'm
Afraid

love381
03-07-2011, 06:46 PM
My friend did this, got together with two others, 1 more CM and one 'helper' (helper was studying some sort of childcare course at college or something). They charged a flat rate for the creche itself - didn't matter on number of children who turned up. The creche would be booked by whoever needed it, normally people running adult courses, and they would say x amount of children were booked in, so my friend would know by ratios how many people she needed to work with. Not sure of the rate they got, but it was per helper and it was more than minimum wage!! I've messaged her to see what her rate was and when she gets back to me, I'll let you know. x

Laughoutloud
03-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Thank you so much x

lfishwick
03-07-2011, 09:03 PM
I've just used a well known agency mobile creche for a conference I booked - we paid thge agency £12.95 per hour per worker and £15 for the creche manager per hour.

Plus there was an admin fee and also a resources fee.