PDA

View Full Version : Yah!! I've done it

Fairy Tanya
02-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Popped out today to get some shopping and came back to find the postman had been - and what had he left me.

My OFSTED Registration Certificate YAH!!!!
now to do the self employed bit.

Have first client here on Monday afternoon, so really need to make sure I have everything I need. I have got the NCMA toolbox of paperwork (which I need to read though). just to finish off policies & procedures. get my certificates on the wall. is there anything else I need to do??
am thinking of putting everytihng in a book per child also of wht is put on all the correct paperwork, so it is all there in shorthand. like food allergies place a copy in kitchen for that etc. is there anything else.
apart form gettng my utr number and registereing as self employed.
Thank you for any help that will be coming, I know you guys have an abundance of advice.

Tanya
:thumbsup:

xgemx
02-07-2011, 04:11 PM
Well done thats fab hope it all goes good for you on monday

Fairy Tanya
02-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Thank you
:clapping:

onceinabluemoon
02-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Well done, :clapping:

make sure you read through your ncma contracts soon as possible because they are sooooo hard to understand as a newbie! I would recommend photocopying one and filling it out with a fake child just so you know what you are doing for the real thing. If you do it now you can raise any questions on the forum before monday comes. :)

Good luck x

Fairy Tanya
02-07-2011, 07:44 PM
you must have read my mind. I was going to photocopy it and do a dummy run... thank you for reminding me.

Tanya

xshellbellex
03-07-2011, 02:03 PM
Have you changed your car insurance
Registered with Data protection
Register with environmental health

ermmm can't think what else. Im at the same kind of stage as you exciting isn't it.

Make sure you read the contracts - my friend talked me through hers what she had done. There is one box called settling in period, she said she made the mistake of putting 4 days and is now kind of stuck with a naughty kid and difficult parents. My friend said maybe put 4 weeks as it can take a little while for difficult parents to show their true colours. You/parent will then be able to terminate the contract within these 4 weeks

Fairy Tanya
03-07-2011, 04:24 PM
not going to do car yet.
have sent a letter to the enviromental people along with a form I had to fill in.
have sent my cheque of for the data protection.
sent an email to the council for permission and informing what is going on. tho haven't had a reply back yet.
willl do that with my contract. can you just clear up on the settling period.
even tho it is 4 weeks, can you still charge for the settling in period. as mine is a 7 year old who only needs to be dropped off from school to start. but do you charge for the settling in period??
will have a few more questions to ask - when I've had my dinner this evening and I can get settleed.
have you done your food & hygiene online course yet. I have just to do that - which will be tomorrow.
Tanya.
and it is rather exciting. and nervous, especially becoming self employed. nerves and nails biting., when you think you will be own your own for that part.

:D

xshellbellex
03-07-2011, 04:50 PM
From what i can gather the settling in period on the contract is basically the amount of time to see how things go and allows you to cancel the contract within that time.

I did my food hygiene at college which council paid for which was great

anisha
04-07-2011, 10:38 AM
congratulations and good luck with future mindees

Goatgirl
04-07-2011, 04:47 PM
Hi :),
Yes you charge for settling in period. Its up to you if you have one, how long it is and what the terms of notice are within that period. If the family end the contract do you want to refund their deposit? Their fees for unused part of settling in period ( bear in mind you may have turned away other families in the meantime)...
Have a think about different scenarios and how you would be feel if the family terminated or if you had a child or family you didn't want to continue with. Personally I would only refund if it was my decision to terminate or if I had another mindee wanting the place sooner). Have a read of the notes on the NCMA contract about it too :).

You may be confusing the settling in period mentioned in the contracts with settling in sessions, which are really just to get a LO used to you. Its up to you whether you offer them, how you charge for these/ how much time/ many sessions you offer etc. I play it by ear with individual families :thumbsup:

Good luck, take it a step at a time so you don't get overwhelmed. There's so much to think about it's easy to do :D

best wishes,
Wendy :)

Jiorjiina
04-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Best of Luck!

Fairy Tanya
05-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Just had my first client, she is very happy. will be signing contracts beffore the end of week and starting next week. she also mentioned that someone else is going to ask me too - it's alllllll goooooooood....
now off to see job centre person and tell them they can go you know what. and becoming self employed.

YAH!!!!!

:clapping: :laughing: :clapping: :laughing: :clapping: :laughing:

cockatoos
05-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Well done! That's what I'm waiting for now.

Amy

Fairy Tanya
05-07-2011, 04:00 PM
also spoke to my first cliennt, and since she only needs me during the school terms only. not sure whether to still register myself right now for starting next week and have no clients until the school hols then get on the band wagon properly on the new start of term.
or register at the beginning of the summer hols.
I really want to geet underway so that I can take on kids asap
need some advice really on this.
Thanks
Tanya

:panic:

Fairy Tanya
05-07-2011, 04:02 PM
also
I know I need to inform my home insurers that I will be using my property as a childminding business. but I know a few people who live in rented accommodation and don't have this insurance. how does that work???

Tanya

Lear
05-07-2011, 08:35 PM
Well done!

Fairy Tanya
06-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Yah. passed my food & hygiene course, got 90%.
wow. ok, now to wait for the certificate to hang up
Tanya

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
:laughing: :laughing:
:D
:jump for joy: