PDA

View Full Version : parent and a staff training daysd

emmadines
02-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Hello,
its teachers training day on monday so there is no school and the mindees i have are before and afterschoolers (3 brothers).

I recieved a text off of mum yesterday

Just read newsletter kids are off on mon but dad wont be back until the afternoon

now am i reading into this or is this a bad hint with the aim for me to offer to have the boys??

thing is my 5 year old has a ballet exam at 3 (which we were arranging between us)

the other thing is it will cost mum almost £100 for the school day whichj iknow she cant really afford and it would mean id have the boys from 7am to 6pm - thats a long day! -
i know i will end up having the boys tho :S just wish if thats what she wants that she just asked

onceinabluemoon
02-07-2011, 08:01 AM
Goodness! What will you do?

I would be tempted to text back " Goodness that's short notice, what will you do? I'd offer to have them but cant because I'm busy"

Unless of course you want them/could use the money in which case just ring her and ask if she needs you to have them and that it will cost her £xx for the day.

rickysmiths
02-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Option One
I think you have to be completly honest and business like and I'd ring her, I hate texts for this kind of business. Ask her exactly what hours she needs, if Dad is getting back in the afternoon it may not be as late as 6pm. Tell her the cost and that as its a one off you need payment in the morning when she drops off.

Option Two
You do it as a friend, don't charge and take them to the Ballet exam with you with plenty of stuff to keep them busy.

Option 3
You say you are very sorry but you have other plans and because of the short notice you are unable to have them on this occassion.

love381
02-07-2011, 11:08 AM
Option One
I think you have to be completly honest and business like and I'd ring her, I hate texts for this kind of business. Ask her exactly what hours she needs, if Dad is getting back in the afternoon it may not be as late as 6pm. Tell her the cost and that as its a one off you need payment in the morning when she drops off.

I think this is best and insist that the money must be before the care!! Maybe Dad being back in the afternoon will suit the ballet! Perhaps this text should be, they are off, can you have them as dad is not back til the afternoon - meaning you'll have them until the afternoon. x

emmadines
02-07-2011, 04:06 PM
I cant afford to do it as a friend plus as much as i love them they are always bickering and every now n then (at least once a day on or two of the three will end up hitting each other)

I found out today that my daughter also has a tap exam (nice to be notified as im only her mother!) so I will be there for at least 3 hours in between changing her hair as its a pony tail for the tap and a donut bun for ballet, I have taken them before...

it will just be such a Looooooooonnnnnngggggg day! prob is, if shes suck im gonna feel like I will have to have them :S

Just wish she would ask me out right instead of hinting....

wendywu
02-07-2011, 04:37 PM
Its simple , you must decide if you are going to do it or not first of all.

None of this i cant do it because its such a long day but i know i will end up doing it. :rolleyes:

If you are let her know you will do it and how much it will be, if not do not do anything until she asks you to have them. Then give her the genuine reason that your daughter has two very important exams. After all your own family must come first. :panic:

The Juggler
02-07-2011, 09:32 PM
what time is Dad back???? tell her sorry she is stuck. you can help but only until 1pm then they will have to be collected as you have to take dd to her exam.:)

Chimps Childminding
03-07-2011, 02:02 PM
what time is Dad back???? tell her sorry she is stuck. you can help but only until 1pm then they will have to be collected as you have to take dd to her exam.:)

Thats what I would do!! Its not fair for you to be stressed any more than necessary when your dd is doing her exam by taking 3 mindees with you.

I would have thought that if she wanted you to have them (do you usually have them in the holidays?) it would have been polite of her to ring you and ask rather than hint in a text.

I would ring her and ask if she needed you, and do as Juggler says, tell her you can help out until 1, but have plans for later! Up to her then what she decides to do.

Good luck to your dd for her exams, hope it goes well

emmadines
03-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Hello, thank you for your replies, I got a text off her this morning (whilst on a judo comp run with my 9 year old) stating that the boys wont be coming to me tomorrow....

its a relief actually, ive had such a busy weekend and am sitting here nodding off whilst my 2 are watching a DVD... so staff training day tomorrow is very much a welcome day off!!!!

a day off with my two that doesn't involve running around like a loony (excluding Becky's ballet and tap exams) is a rare thing although the money would have been handy lol

xx

Chimps Childminding
03-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Sometimes the money has to come second to your own family (hard as it is :rolleyes: ) Enjoy your less stressful day tomorrow!!

emmadines
03-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Sometimes the money has to come second to your own family (hard as it is :rolleyes: ) Enjoy your less stressful day tomorrow!!

lol I totally agree xxxx:jump for joy:

Chatterbox Childcare
03-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Would you not of had these children after school if they were at school anyway?

Might be worth booking the day off as hols when you know of an exam going forward and then it cannot be thrown at you last minute.

emmadines
03-07-2011, 09:33 PM
Would you not of had these children after school if they were at school anyway?

Might be worth booking the day off as hols when you know of an exam going forward and then it cannot be thrown at you last minute.

originally dad(they are divorced) was going to collect from school (if she could arrange it) otherwise I would be taking them with me, but it turned out that tomorrow was to be staff training day at the school. something the school reminded the parents on Friday (we get dates at the beginning of the school year) (I thought it was next week not tomorrow) but mum works in another school and still has work.

so it left her needing child care during the day as well as before and after as dad couldn't collect till just after 3 which is when Becky has her exam (wrongly or rightly and with "mums" written permission, i would have had to collect the minded children 10 mins before school had finished to accommodate everything...