PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get sorted and fed up now

xgemx
01-07-2011, 07:25 PM
I am trying so hard to get everything sorted sent my crbs off, paid my fees, booked on my homecare base course, started my 1st aid today, done my policys and ra now for the bit im really fed up with
Went to the drs last thursday with the health form she said to ring beginning of this week and they would let me know when to pick up, rung the lady in charge said oh no we cant do it yet we still havent got your notes from your last surgery i wouldnt mind if i had only been their weeks but i have been at this surgery for the last 3 years so i now have to wait for them to be transferd and she said that could take weeks so im hoping everything else will carry on in the meantime and ofsted still do the pre reg visit and this mistake doesnt hold things up

Goatgirl
01-07-2011, 09:05 PM
:(,
That is pretty poor... Hope it hurries up for you - and that you're not charged something extortionate!

miffy
01-07-2011, 09:10 PM
I can't believe that you've been registered with this drs for 3 years but they've only just realised they haven't got your notes from your last dr :rolleyes:

Your registration can't be completed without the health declaration so I'd push them to get it sorted - why it should take weeks is beyond me. Perhaps you could have a word with the practice manager and see if things could be speeded up a bit.

Miffy xx

xgemx
01-07-2011, 09:27 PM
I know im really fed up as it is out of my control, i think it is so unprofessional of them too that after 3 years they dont have my notes
The lady i spoke to did say its normally £30 but they would do it for £15 due to the mix up but still i wondered when they would of sorted it if i hadnt chased them again yesterday and that is when she decided to phone my old surgery even though i went to the drs with the form a week ago yesterday

miffy
01-07-2011, 09:30 PM
It is very unprofessional - have you never been to the drs in the last 3 years?

Can't believe they haven't realised before now!

Hope it's sorted quickly for you,

Miffy xx

xgemx
01-07-2011, 09:42 PM
Yes now gonna to have to check my oldest son (whos 8) they have his notes and i have had a whole pregnancy and been in hospital while under that drs, i think im going to put a letter in once they have sorted it and say its just not acceptable that they didnt apply for the notes when i joined the surgery

Kezzle
01-07-2011, 10:47 PM
Yes now gonna to have to check my oldest son (whos 8) they have his notes and i have had a whole pregnancy and been in hospital while under that drs, i think im going to put a letter in once they have sorted it and say its just not acceptable that they didnt apply for the notes when i joined the surgery

Good idea it's quite unprofessional if they've not had previous notes to go off when you've been in for other stuff. Just think in a worst case scenario if they didnt have previous information what could have been overlooked! I'm hoping you are fit and healthy though :)

Jiorjiina
02-07-2011, 02:15 PM
im hoping everything else will carry on in the meantime and ofsted still do the pre reg visit and this mistake doesnt hold things up

Don't hold your breath, I was in the same situation, and Ofsted told me they couldn't do anything until they had all the documentation in place. It took nearly two months for my notes to be sent to my GP.:angry:

I'm still waiting to hear about a pre reg visit.

Pandypops
04-07-2011, 10:58 AM
I had exactly the same problem. My Doctor hadn't received my notes from my previous surgery and I had been there for a year and they wanted to charge me £82! I waited for 2 months and there was no sign of them so I told Ofsted my notes were lost in transit and they allowed me to get the Doctor to just fill in what they could based on the notes they had and they accepted this, it just wasn't my whole history. I got charged half the price for this too which was good!

Maybe they will let you do the same??

xgemx
04-07-2011, 05:59 PM
I had exactly the same problem. My Doctor hadn't received my notes from my previous surgery and I had been there for a year and they wanted to charge me £82! I waited for 2 months and there was no sign of them so I told Ofsted my notes were lost in transit and they allowed me to get the Doctor to just fill in what they could based on the notes they had and they accepted this, it just wasn't my whole history. I got charged half the price for this too which was good!

Maybe they will let you do the same??

Thanks for letting me know, i will phone my drs tomorrow for an update or if i get time i may go in and speak to the manager there and reiterate how important it is, if i get no joy i will phone ofsted and explain i mean they have got 3 years of records as thats how long i have been there