PDA

View Full Version : silly questions help please!!

sarah sunflower
30-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Hi guys

REALLY REALLY REALLY silly question!

but the early years assessment sheets that I put in the LJ for my children do I have to have every sheet in them for example I look after a three year old so do I need to put the sheets in from birth to 11 months etc in and show evidence for them??

getting myself VERY confused!! been a looooooooooonnnnnnnnnnggggggggg paperwork day and still don't feel any further forward!!!

Also the observations do you have to link each ob to a statement from the EYFS rather than just the title such as KUW

hope this makes a tiny bit of sense to one of you genius' out there!! :)

Thanks in advance you wonderful people!! :)
x

sarah707
30-06-2011, 07:08 PM
You only need the part of the Development Matters guidance the child is working on at the moment.

So he might have some things in the lower age and stage, some things in the current and some in the next one up... it depends on what you have observed, what is going on elsewhere and the fact that every child is unique and their learning and development moves along at their own pace.

It's easier once you get into it to link obs to the statements, then you can see what might not be happening (so you can write your next steps planning) as well as what is.

Hth :D

sarah sunflower
30-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Thank you!!

I've just bought some e-books off you can't wait to get them!!! :)

X

sarah707
01-07-2011, 07:04 AM
Oh thank you! I'm off today so I will send them out later x