PDA

View Full Version : school closures

Helen Dempster
30-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Hello. Are the school's affected by the strikes where you are? Some of ours in the area are. DS and mindees all off today (though some of the Juniors are still in as the teachers are in a different union). Have had lovely day though, as only got youngest mindee and own DS (I was supposed to have the other 2 but one has chicken pox and he and sibling staying home today). Went to the park really early as I knew it would get packed later on and took a 'breakfast picnic' with us. Had a fab time :)

Hope you all have a fantastic day!

Happy Bunny
30-06-2011, 01:26 PM
All my local schools are open.
Much to my teenage sons disgust.

Louise317
30-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Our infants were open so my DS at school. Some of the Juniors years were to be out but school decided to close the whole school :rolleyes:

Just me and DD today so we had some water play this morning and then she helped me with chores... now shes napping (not usual) before we collect ds

The Juggler
30-06-2011, 01:35 PM
our juniors is shut bar 2 classes - my son's is shut but my daughters is open. Children were expected to attend if their class was open. You can imagine how happy/impressed dd is :laughing: :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
30-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Lots closed down south :thumbsup:

mushpea
30-06-2011, 03:24 PM
2 schoolss are shut and one is open but I didnt have my schoolies today for varioius reasons so off we went to the park this afternoon

love381
30-06-2011, 03:54 PM
2 classes in our school closed. Had my own lo's and the heads 2 children today. Was really great, went to a soft play area for a few hours, then home for a bit to chill, then the park and then dropped back to head at school when I picked up my eldest! x

boxtree7
30-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Our school was closed - Im ready for bed ............ how many more weeks for summer holidays - baking cakes at 9.00 am - art and crafts at noon. Do I just imagaine it but I feel I have not left the kitchen today .... im hungary im hungary !!!

zillervalley
30-06-2011, 04:25 PM
my mimdees class was in and two other classes, got a pack lunch supplied as well because they didnt have lunches on, this is a Rc school in sunderland

the rest of my local schools were closed

ChocolateChip
30-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Our whole primary school was closed, and the partner school we are federated with but the secondary for our area was open.
I had 2 of my regulars and two extra schoolies so we went to the zoo for the day :)

RachelE
30-06-2011, 06:17 PM
OUrs was the only local school to have any closure.

We have 9 classes at our primary school and 6 were closed. Mine were both off, which I didnt mind - just glad they were both doing the same!

I didnt advertise for spaces, but had 2 extra children anyway.

Hope they dont do anymore! :rolleyes:

Rachel x

loupo
01-07-2011, 12:56 AM
Had a lovely day and it was a good practice run for the summer hols as we have a new baby to childmind. Our day kids range from 1 to 12. Today we had the 1-9 year olds in tow because of the strikes and with eight children we ventuerd up to a local parkland to do some outdoor artwork with natural materials. Had a picnic too. The weather couldn't have been better as it was warm but cloudy.