PDA

View Full Version : i just know i am going to cry

lou lou
30-06-2011, 12:16 PM
at the end of august i loose two of my mindees that i have had since babys one is 4 going to school and the other one is two and very fond of him i just know the day they go i am going to cry just the thought of it now makes me want to blub, trouble is i dont want to do in front of the children but i wont be able to help myself since childminding for 4 years this is the first time i have lost some children. Do you try and hold back when they go and not cry as i feel it might not be fair on the children as they are going to a different childminder just wondered about your experiences i am so dreading the day, even today one of them kept comming up and giving me hugs and i nearly started then how daft am i.

Louise317
30-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Oh bless you xx

I've only just got my first mindee so not attach yet...

But i'm a softy, I cried when collecting my DS the day of nursery and when he finished with his CM to, and my CM had to send him to the door with her eldest as she could face saying good bye either LOL

blue bear
30-06-2011, 12:59 PM
Massive sobs when they are gone, I try hard not to cry as it upsets the children.
Bless you buy lots of tissues and some wine and chocolate to cheer you up.

The Juggler
30-06-2011, 01:37 PM
not silly at all hon. I always have a little cry too (or a big sob if I won't see them anymore if they are moving away or to a different school) :blush:

lulubelle
30-06-2011, 01:50 PM
i havent had this childminding yet but have been exactly the same when nannying and leaving the family!

PixiePetal
30-06-2011, 02:24 PM
I have just had sibling mindees leave at 2pm. No tears today - very proud of myself :D I might have 1yr old back for 1 day a week in Sept so that softened the blow a bit. 4yr old off to school so was expecting that, it just happened a bit sooner as mum finished her job.

2 years ago I said goodbye to a mindee who was off to school and I had been caring for since baby. Lovely family - mum and I both cried and hugged - still have him on odd inset days now:thumbsup: and mum and I are still friends :) We went through a lot together - death of my dad and MIL, her grandfather and uncle deaths etc. Mindee was used to our tears and it showed that adults can be upset too and it's ok to be sad and need a cuddle sometimes.

I have an 11 and 12 yr old set of siblings who also come for some school hol dates - they grew up with my children and they all still get on :thumbsup: It is great to see them

I am hopeless - I cry at the slightest thing. MY nan used to say that's why my eyes were so bright and blue! :o