PDA

View Full Version : Bromley childminders association - I love you

sharonmanc
29-06-2011, 08:36 PM
I remember looking at this site a while back when i was thinking of starting childminding, they are fab. I am loving all the paperwork they have to download for me to adapt. I have been writing down all the bits want in certain policies and pcoedures but was unsure how to word them, not anymore :) well worth a look if you are starting out too

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/policies_and_procedures.html

every part of this site is fab, thank you so much Bromley - you have just eased my mind and answered a thousand and one questions

Babycat
29-06-2011, 10:37 PM
it is a good site gives you great starting tips! another thing i did was use the forum search and type in words to see wat all cm's on here have posted!! x

miffy
30-06-2011, 07:14 AM
It is a good site and great as a starting point for newbies but make sure you adapt any policies/procedures to your own setting/practice because Ofsted will check that you do what you say you do!

This forum also has a very good free resources section and, as the op said, if you search this forum you'll often find what you're looking for.

Miffy xx

boxtree7
30-06-2011, 12:09 PM
its a great starting point

Louise317
30-06-2011, 12:27 PM
I used Bromley to a great starting point and then found this forum which has been a fantastic support also :)

foxy lady
30-06-2011, 02:01 PM
i had my inspection in march this year and when my inspector looked at my polices she commented on how much she liked my policies
she then went on to say that she hates it when she opens someones polices and they are BROMLEYS polices that have just been printed off.
i would say use them as a good start of point. but try to adapt them to your setting and try to reword them into your own words as much a possible.

sharonmanc
30-06-2011, 02:18 PM
Yes. Like I ad they are great as I struggle to always start off anything. I. Have tonnes of info for my policies tht I have jotted down but I always struggle to start off. Definitley would not reccommend anyone just copying them. - don't know how someone could and get away with it as they won't reclect there setting. Sorry if there are any errors typing on my phone and I have fat fingers :)

murrayspud
01-07-2011, 08:08 AM
They are a great point of reference - especially when you first start to look at putting your policies and procedures together. :jump for joy:
They are great to see what policies and procedures you may or may not need depending upon your own setting and requirements etc.
As others have said - you do have to adapt them for your own individual setting, but they are great for ideas.