PDA

View Full Version : Advertising once registered/using the ofsted logo

nipper
29-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Hi am currently waiting to be pre-reg inspected by Ofsted(my CRB came through last week) but was wondering if once I am registered do OFSTED allow you to use their logo on any advertising leaflets you may produce?

During Easter I devised a little leaflet on the computer and did a mail drop to around 100 of the new houses on my estate, explaining that I was interested in setting up a childminding business from home, that it was just to see if there was any interest and that once registered with Ofsted I would do another mail drop and take it from there if there continued to be any interest.

I had about 20 enquiries within the first three days via text and email (I set up an email account using a domain name which cost me a fiver; some people misread the leaflet...I honestly don't know how as I specified childminder and not nursery...but there you go) and there seemed to be a real, and I hope, genuine interest. I rang Ofsted Manchester last week to be told that, that very day they had cleared my paperwork and contacted the local office to me but I can't help being a little suspicious and think they were just saying that because I had rung up to find out.

Anyway back to the original question, would they permit me to use their logo if say I do another leaflet drop once I get clearance to begin advertising properly. It would just be easier for people to see straight away that I was ready to take on new clients.

Thanks for the help and advice anyone can offer me, sorry for the long post!

Emma

Jiorjiina
29-06-2011, 11:12 PM
It would seem to be a no to that (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/About-us/Contact-us/The-Ofsted-logo), I'm afraid.

Penny1959
30-06-2011, 03:55 AM
Ofsted will allow you to use their logo - if you get graded outstanding - but even then you have to wait for them to send the logo on a disc and the 'rules' for using it.

Penny :)

onceinabluemoon
30-06-2011, 05:57 AM
Ooh thats interesting, a local CM has the ofsted logo on all her posters! Still that's her business not mine...

miffy
30-06-2011, 07:10 AM
Ooh thats interesting, a local CM has the ofsted logo on all her posters! Still that's her business not mine...

I take it she's not got an outstanding grade?

Miffy xx