PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely gutted :(

Minstrel
29-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Have just found out my very first mindees who i babysit for regularly (and even though we're not supposed to have favourites, if we could, then they'd be mine) are moving away and i won't see them anymore

I can't stop crying

miffy
29-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Oh that's very sad - will it be too far for you to visit?

Miffy xx

RachelE
29-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Oh no!

You will keep in touch and still be great friends. Its so much easier these days with email and facebook.
I'm still in touch with some of mine - I moved away.

My 9yr old ds said the other day "is * coming today, not that I have my favourites..but is he coming?"

Its hard not to get attached to them.

Enjoy the rest of your time together.
Rachel x

Minstrel
29-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Thanks. It's not too far at all- 30 mins drive. But they've no family or ties in this area so no reason for them to come back really

sarah707
29-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Mine emigrated to France and I remember feeling the same.

We keep in touch on Facebook and were welcomed over to visit them a few times.

Hugs xx

Cammie Doodle
29-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Ah Bless its a horrible feeling :(

The Juggler
29-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Thanks. It's not too far at all- 30 mins drive. But they've no family or ties in this area so no reason for them to come back really

apart from to see you hon :) listen the only one of my mindees I ever sobbed over wasn't necessarily because he was a favorite (though he was :blush: ) but because i wouldn't see him every day anymore. All the others, I still see every day at school with their parents. He was 2 when he left. I sobbed, my son (who was 9) sobbed, my daughter sobbed, his mum sobbed BUT we still make time to see each other twice a year. my kids love going to see him. He only lives about 8 miles away and we visit them at their house when I'm not working or his mum brings him here.

Invite them over.:D

Penny1959
30-06-2011, 04:33 AM
Distance is not a problem - I have some who never bothered to keep in touch despite my best efforts - even though they live within walking distance, and others who have remained in touch whatever they have done and whereever they have moved to.

It is a bit like friends - some are 'best buddies' until something changes and then can't be bothered - others will overcome any barrier to keep in touch - and it is these who are the true friends - years can go by without actually seeing each other but when do meet up it is as if only yesterday since last met.

It is horrid and very upsetting - but take photos - maybe ask prents if they would give you a 'present' of copies of some of the pages from LJ to keep and make sure you have all their contact details.

Penny :)

karensmart4
30-06-2011, 07:03 AM
One of my fav (naughty saying that), families moved away a few years ago we have always kept in touch via postcards, notelets,photos, telephone and now facebook....... yipee they are moving back to the area in 1 and a half weeks and even though the lo is too old to come here as a mindee now.....she's 11, she has asked if she can help me in the school hols :clapping:

So even though its sad, it is possible to keep in touch :)