PDA

View Full Version : Can someone please clarify my allowable number of children please??

bec123
29-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Hi. I have a 12 month old daughter who is obviously included in my early years age bracket. My certificate states that i can look after [B]4[B]children under 8 years. No more than 2 may be in the early years age group.
I currently look after another baby who is 12 months (this has been okayed by Ofsted) so she takes one of these spaces. I've been approached to look after a little boy in September who is 4 but will be starting school (rising 5?). Once he's at school full time does he count in my early years age bracket - for example can I therefore look after another little one? Would I be able to look after another rising 5 (a 4 yr old who is in full time education)?
I find the rising 5 bit complicating!
If someone can clarify this for me please?
Thanks in advance

onceinabluemoon
29-06-2011, 05:39 PM
A child can be counted as a five year old for the purpose of your numbers once he is attending school for 10 sessions a week (that is every morning and every afternoon).

They do not count as five year olds when they are doing the part time settling in bit.

Some people have said you need the clause on your certificate, others have said you do not. I would double check with Ofsted now as then they have plenty of time to put it on if needs be,

Hope that helps x

bec123
29-06-2011, 07:05 PM
There is a bit on my certificate that states "when caring for 4 or 5 year old children who are in full time education, may increase the number in the early years age group by the number of children in full time education, providing the maximum number is not exceeded (early Years Register)". I read this to mean that a rising 5 does not count in my early years bracket so I would be able to have 2 rising 5s plus the little one I already look after.