PDA

View Full Version : and the wait goes on....YAWN

JCrakers
29-06-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm beginning to wonder whats wrong now as Ive had no phonecalls since Nov and with 2 children leaving for school I'm getting a little nervous of not having anyone for my 2yr old mindee to play with.

Not only am I affected by this but mindee and her parents will be as if she has no-one to play with in the day, they may think about putting her somewhere else.

Ive rang the council today pretending to be looking for childcare and my name is on the list.
Where is everybody? Im starting to get a bit obsessed with checking childcare.co.uk every day or twice a day sometimes hoping for a new post...:rolleyes:

I keep thinking any day now....that was about 5 months ago :angry: Mum keeps asking and she has been actively looking and asking people too.
Becky

kel1983
29-06-2011, 11:59 AM
I was logging into the childcare website about every hour when I was waiting :panic: I was that worried about getting started. There would be weeks when no one added a profile then weeks when there was loads but nothing to suit me. :panic:

I eventually found my first 2 mindees on there.

Its very worrying when you first start because you never know when you are gonna get started.

I have been minding now for about a year and have only had 2 mindeed part time up until last week when I had so many phonecalls. I have this week taken on 2 full timers and a couple of after schoolies :clapping:

Im guessing you have advertised everwhere possible. Shops, doctors, nurseries, schools etc.

I'm not sure I can suggest anything else but to hang in there. You will get that very important call

Good luck

lou lou
29-06-2011, 12:18 PM
i am also advertising as i am empty for the first time in four years the last time i advertised i got a banner made to put on my fence and it worked last time i am hoping it will work this time have a look on vista print you can get a banner there done quite cheap

miffy
29-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Fingers crossed something turns up soon

Miffy xx