PDA

View Full Version : Had the call

allinatiz
02-05-2008, 12:13 PM
And now I'm petrified! :D

She asked when I would be available and said I would have an unannounced visit, which surprised me as everyone else seems to be given a few days when they might call..... but nevermind. She said if I happened to be out when they came they would come again on another day I was likely to be in.

So, panic time, I suppose at least I have a bank holiday weekend in which to go over my stuff. Fun.

Jinx
02-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Good Luck with your inspection.

Seems a bit unfair not giving you possible days!! Not heard of that before.

Jinx x

wendywu
02-05-2008, 12:32 PM
If its a bad day just dont answer the door. I would have asked her a a time frame you cannot hang around for months.:(

ma7ie
02-05-2008, 12:37 PM
I'm sure they won't keep you hanging on and I would expect it would be some time next week.

Good luck. I'm sure you will be fine.

Eagles4ever
02-05-2008, 12:41 PM
I thought I read somewhere that Ofsted were'nt doing any inspections at the moment cos of the EYFS stuff but I guess I was dreaming!

mrsbumbles
02-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Good luck with your inspection :thumbsup:

sarah707
02-05-2008, 12:44 PM
I thgouth I read somewhere that Ofsted were'nt doing any inspections at the moment cos of the EYFS stuff but I guess I was dreaming!

Wishful thinking!! 2 of my friends locally are expecting inspections next week :eek:

Eagles4ever
02-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Drat, mine could be due soon then as I registered in May 2005 and haven't had an inspection since.

Spangles
02-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Blimey Eagles - you've never had your first proper inspection??? Wow! That's really bad on Ofsted's part!

Hope your inspection goes well Alli - I'd hate an unnanounced visit but at least they've announced it, if you see what I mean! Ha ha!

Pauline
02-05-2008, 03:24 PM
I thought I read somewhere that Ofsted were'nt doing any inspections at the moment cos of the EYFS stuff but I guess I was dreaming!

I was told the same ........ by an Ofsted inspector!! :) she said there would be none between March and Sept, but they are still doing them around here.

Good luck with your inspection Alli :D

wendywu
02-05-2008, 03:29 PM
I was told that as well, direct from Ofsted. Guess nothing changes say one thing and do another.:panic:

elaineg
02-05-2008, 03:44 PM
There seems to be hundreds of inspections around here at the moment. everyone you speak to seems to have had the call.

love elaine XXX

Eagles4ever
02-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Blimey Eagles - you've never had your first proper inspection??? Wow! That's really bad on Ofsted's part!

Hope your inspection goes well Alli - I'd hate an unnanounced visit but at least they've announced it, if you see what I mean! Ha ha!
No I had my pre reg inspection but that was 3 years ago so I'm due for another one.

disney
02-05-2008, 03:58 PM
i just wanted to say hope it all goes well. when they finally come .i have been wating since jan they finally came on monday . i was very worried but it turned out i had no reason to . so im sure you will fine :thumbsup: x

deeb66
02-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Try not to worry

I am sure you will be fine.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Blaze
02-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Just wanted to say good luck!:thumbsup:

allinatiz
02-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Thank you all!

Haha! I know what you mean.

I thought they only did unannounced inspections if someone had complained about you, although like you said it's not totally unannounced. The paranoid part of me says a childminder up the road rang them as she walked past the other day and had a good nosy in.... just when I was sat on the settee checking the news on teletext, and only doing that because my mindee and my daughter were fast asleep! But I also know that I am due my inspection and that maybe here they do the first one as a surprise for you ;)

fionamal
02-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Wouldnt worry too much, mines an unannounced one aswell. Been told it will be the month of May.

miffy
03-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Good luck - hope it's soon over and done with for you

miffy xx

Heaven Scent
03-05-2008, 10:53 PM
All these inspectors are self employed and work from home and some even have other jobs so I suppose Ofsted's idea would be that they all get trained up at the same time but like us I'm sure the inspectors don't need to work and can't afford to take a huge chunk of time out to train.

I don't think anyone gets a call telling them when ofsted are calling but mine did ask me when I could be in for a few hours so I told her the two days that I didn't have to go out then realised my her tone that she would probably be with me on the Tuesday and realised I could do with a bit more time to prepare myself so I said that I had to be out on the Tuesday as I had promised to take stuff to the childminding group for Jewish passover it was true but I could have cancelled it and knew that so I felt that it would be on the Friday because she told me to be in on Tues and Fri for the next 2 weeks and quickly followed it by the fact that she'd be with me as soon as she can and said that she was sorry she couldn't tell me exactly when but she wouldn't keep me waiting. I just read into that that it would be the first week rather than the second week. And I was right When you think about your conversation with her do you think she was giving you any hints - did you say there were any days you wouldn't be available?

allinatiz
04-05-2008, 09:46 AM
Thanks for that Celine, she did ask me the days I was out so I do have a good idea of the 2 days on which she will probably come. She just said it would be soon, so hopefully I won't be kept waiting too long :)

Chimps Childminding
04-05-2008, 09:51 AM
I had a call asking if there were any days during a certain amount of weeks that i wasn't available, and that she would call on any of the days I said were ok - but didn't say which! bit of a give away was when she rang to say she was running late due car problems and would be with me within the hour! :panic:

miffy
04-05-2008, 03:09 PM
I had a call asking if there were any days during a certain amount of weeks that i wasn't available, and that she would call on any of the days I said were ok - but didn't say which! bit of a give away was when she rang to say she was running late due car problems and would be with me within the hour! :panic:

:laughing: :laughing: At least you had a bit of warning - you can do a lot in an hour if you need too

miffy xx

mrs lilly
04-05-2008, 07:47 PM
I am having mine this week on Wednesday. They are due at 1.30pm. I would be less than impressed if they just turned up with no warning. I was a teacher pre CM'ing and you got at least 48 hours notice then so why should CM get a rough deal and have them turned up unannounced?? I didnt know they did to be honest!! When she called she asked what my schedule was like and it is very busy so she had to came when it was convenient or she would have been asked to leave when it came time to go out :eek:

miffy
04-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Good for you and good luck with your inspection

miffy xx

angeldelight
07-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Good luck

Angel xx