PDA

View Full Version : Which is the narrowest double buggy?

Mouse
29-06-2011, 09:43 AM
I ordered a Baby Jogger City Mini double, which I loved...until I found out I couldn't get it out through my front door :blush: :laughing:

I'm looking for a side by side double, that I can fit through the door, so what's the narrowest one about? I think I have a standard sized door frame, but the way the door opens seems to take up valuable manouvering space. At the moment I have a Maclaren Truimph that I can fit through with a bit of a jiggle.

Any suggestions? What about the Out & About Nipper?

onceinabluemoon
29-06-2011, 10:04 AM
The out and about nipper is the widest one I have despite all the gumph about it being the narrowest etc etc, thats simply not true! However it is a total dream to push (but a pain if you get back with asleep kids)

Mountain buggy urban twin is narrow at 73 or 74 cms (if you plan to buy new check the new width as phil and teds now own mountain buggy and may have changed the design)

Other than that a maclaren twin triumph is only 73cms

I think they are the narrowest side by sides x
(buggy addict!)

Mouse
29-06-2011, 10:24 AM
Hmmm...looks like a side by side is out then.

I have the Techno at the moment, but wanted something a bit more substantial for the babies.

Looks like I need to hunt down the perfect tandem - easy to push, comfortable, doesn't weigh a tonne or cost a fortune!

onceinabluemoon
29-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Hmmm...looks like a side by side is out then.

I have the Techno at the moment, but wanted something a bit more substantial for the babies.

Looks like I need to hunt down the perfect tandem - easy to push, comfortable, doesn't weigh a tonne or cost a fortune!

mountain buggy is good and nice to push too, but like the nipper quite big when folded. I looked it up just now and its 73cm.

Once you get into the world of tandems you need to watch the centre of balance, too far forward and its hard to push, too far back and they tip back...

Mouse
29-06-2011, 10:37 AM
mountain buggy is good and nice to push too, but like the nipper quite big when folded. I looked it up just now and its 73cm.

Once you get into the world of tandems you need to watch the centre of balance, too far forward and its hard to push, too far back and they tip back...

I've got a Jane Powertwin Pro at the moment as well (so don't desparately need another, I suppose!), but can't get on with it. It's nice to push (can do it with one hand, while holding a toddler's hand), but I don't like it being a 3 wheeler. I always feel as if it's going to tip over. And I really need one that 2 babies can lie back in.

smurfette
29-06-2011, 11:34 AM
I have a Graco stadium duo and find it great - easy to Push and you can manage it with one hand mostly. It's narrow enough to fit in most shops and through doors. Back lies completely flat or you can snap a Graco car seat on.'front reclines part way so better for a toddler really. It can be a bit hard to push up steps as toddler is usually in the front but to me it's the best design for a double.