PDA

View Full Version : so frustrating!!!

lou lou
29-06-2011, 06:12 AM
this september i am going to be empty as i loose 3 of my mindees as two go to school and one is going as he is living in a different town so a little bit of a worry as i have a few spaces to fill but what is frustrating is someone rang last night for a full time space but to start on monday which i cant do as i am full till september ended up having a argument with my other half as he thinks i should just tell one of my mindees they should go now but that is not something i am about to do as i do not think that looks very good and i have a duty to look after him until he leaves in september, why is life so difficult sometimes trying to keep everyone happy i just hope the phone rings again soon this is the first phone call i have had for a long time.

boxtree7
29-06-2011, 06:18 AM
can you not ask for a variation untill september - I understand its not nice to tell a parent to leave but at the end of the day its your business & income. I am not sure which family you would you choose. Not a easy one.

munch149
29-06-2011, 06:20 AM
Totally agree that you can't get rid it's not fair although I can see it's frustrating and i would prob have same argument with my partner. You still have couple of months. I'm sure someone else will come along good luck.

miffy
29-06-2011, 06:39 AM
I agree you can't just "get rid" of a mindee - you have a contract anyway so would have to give notice.

I would have been tempted to ask for a variation though to cover the overlap although Ofsted are now reluctant to give variations for new business.

Miffy xx

lou lou
29-06-2011, 07:16 AM
already got a variation so cant do that i know it is frustrating for my other half as he goes in for a serious op in two weeks time and could be off work for a bit so could be no wage comming in for a bit but i know i did the right thing turning this one away so cant wait for this year to be gone it has been so rubbish.

miffy
29-06-2011, 12:39 PM
already got a variation so cant do that i know it is frustrating for my other half as he goes in for a serious op in two weeks time and could be off work for a bit so could be no wage comming in for a bit but i know i did the right thing turning this one away so cant wait for this year to be gone it has been so rubbish.

Hope your OH's op goes well and he makes a quick recovery.

Don't forget there will always be someone here to listen to and support you.

Miffy xx