PDA

View Full Version : how does it go - briefing, then??

sharonmanc
28-06-2011, 08:26 PM
can someone give me a general gist of how things goe in terms of the order you go through till final registration, as I know it can vary a little and can take a while, but was wondering what happens after pre reg, is it the the introduction to childcare, first aid, when will the reg visit be, I am being a little impatient :blush: as i have my briefing session next week, but just wanted a general run down of how it goes

Kezzle
28-06-2011, 09:06 PM
It depends on the area your in i think.

Also i think they're are changing it slightly to weedle out those that aren't that serious about being a CM.

Mine went something like this...

2 x briefing sessions

On the last one we got our Ofsted application pack

Then we could book onto the BIT course (aka common core skills and knowledge - i think?) Mine was 6 weeks 2 hour session each tuesday was my last one today :)

Whilst your waiting for that course to start as it depends on how often your LA run it you can apply to do your First aid. Thats what i did as there was one within a couple of weeks after the briefing session, just before the next lot of BIT courses.

when your ofsted application is recieved around the time you'll be doing all of the above and they've got your health check they will send you out CRB forms to fill in. Oh and after you've paid them your registration fee of £35!

Once CRB forms are recieved and gone through the 5? stages and you have been sent the all clear Ofsted will do your pre registration visit. Inthe application pack you get a booklet to help prepare for this with a list of questions you need to answer (this is the stage i am at now)

Once Ofsted have been for the pre reg visit you do all actions they ask if needed and then they'll revisit to check they've been done. If nothing has been actioned sit tight and wait for a certificate to say your registered drop through your door :)

good luck.