PDA

View Full Version : before & after school care

bec123
28-06-2011, 01:14 PM
I'm thinking about doing before and after school care. Do I need a policy regarding this and if so what needs to be included?? thanks in advance

ChocolateChip
28-06-2011, 02:03 PM
I don't have a separate policy as such, but do have an Over 8's policy.
You would also need to consider-
what age children you will care for

your fees

what meals/ snacks will be included or provided as extras

which schools you will pick up from, I only do one but some do 3 or 4, and the impact this will have on your routine with lo's

whether your own or minded children have after school clubs (free activity ones I mean, not for childcare), if you would be willing to collect from these, or times you will need to be out dropping and collecting, again the impact it will have, I am two minutes from our school so am happy to do this but if you have a 20 minute journey then it wouldn't be practical

to make term dates clear, and decide on you policy for inset days, unexpected closure, different schools having different hols, etc.

policy for phones, games, internet etc.

what activities and resources you will offer

how you will manage having the older ones and lo's, i.e. privacy for nappy changing while keeping an eye on the older ones

and of course behaviour management!

Sorry, that sounds like a lot, hope I haven't put you off. My list is a bit random, some of those things you will need to consider what is doable before you decide on a policy, I would have a good browse on Bromley and see if there is anything else that springs to mind that you haven't already got in place.

bec123
28-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Thats a great start - thank you x