PDA

View Full Version : contract signing tomorrow!!

Louise317
27-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Well after spending a couple of hours with me today(3rd visit) Mum said she would like to sign a contract...:clapping: :clapping:

so hopefully tomorrow I will have my first mindee in place.

Mum & LO coming back in the morning and mum going to to nip out to the shop.
LO is 11mths, never been away from Mum. He seems to like me, smiles at me give me high 5's and was coming to give me building bloks. But when Mum was in the kitchen a little out of view he was crying I took him into the garden and tried to distract he wasn't wriggling to say he wanted me to put him down but did cry till I handed him back over.

Any tips ?
Don't want to loose him even before contract is signed!!

Thanks xx

sarah707
27-06-2011, 07:16 PM
I often find a walk settles new little ones... or even ones who have been coming a while and decide to throw a wobbler.

Good luck! :D

miffy
27-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Miffy xx

sharonmanc
27-06-2011, 09:37 PM
at this stage they tend to cry anyway, a wa;k, some distraction, and reassure mum that they go through this, if all else fails baffle her with object permanence and this being a natural developmental stage, was teachign this to my health and social care class last week

Louise317
28-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Thank you x

Mum came a signed the contract :clapping:

Official start date is next week, but we going to have him tomorrow and thursday...

Mum sat in the kitchen, reading paperwork whilst I had lo with me... he cried the whole time but wasn't squirming to get away from me. Mum came back in after 1/2 hr. then before leaving she left him whilst she went to the bank and again cry till she back.

lo kept stopping and starting with the crying, but nothing specific that stopped him and he has no comforts. Every time I sat on the floor with him he just wanted picking back up. So its not me he doesn't like, just that Mum not there!

My CM didn't have this with my ds as I left him with cm from 6 months and my dd is only ever with me but she cry's when I go but once distracted she's fine.

Well... tomorrow lo will have to come on school run (hope the other Mums don't look at me weird for having a crying baby :blush: ) and if weather OK we'll go the park...

So hope this works out xx

miffy
28-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Congratulations on signing the contract :clapping:

You'll probably find lo won't cry on the school run - plenty to see and occupy him.

Hope tomorrow goes well for you

Miffy xx

jannier
28-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Im sure it will be okay while your out and if not people shouldnt be so judgemental as long as you know your doing the right thing. Maybe mum has left without saying goodbye in the past, I'd make a point of encouraging her to say goodbye...he may have known she was there and not understood why she wasn't coming to him....I find it helps if I get them playing with something that interests them and the more that is going on to distract them the better. Its early days yet...mum may feel better if she sees the phots of him happy or a voice recording.