PDA

View Full Version : Health declaration

sharonmanc
27-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Hi there, i was just wondering if the health declaration is something that can be downloaded from the ofstead site, or will i have to wait to get it.

I just called my Docs, to see how much they charge, they said if it just requires a signature, it is £10 but if it requires more up to a full medical then that dictates the price, so they would like to see what they need to do. I dont start my pre reg until 7th July, but thought if I could I may as well get the ball rolling with this.

Or will i have to wait until the form is given to me at a later date, as I know some documentation cannot be older than say 3-6 months depending on what you are applying for, I know this was the case when I was applying for a visa once, any help appreciated

M&AsMummy
27-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Hi there.

I was sent mine with my ofsted application pack when I signed up to do my pre-reg course. I think different areas run very differently though. Im near Preston so if you are Manchester it could be similiar.
I would check on the ofsted website to see if you can download one if you want to get going with it asap.

sharonmanc
27-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Thank you, have just found it, will print it out tomorrow at work :cool:

it does not state if it has a date limit, but am thinking I am at the Docs on Thursday with my son, so may pop it in then and get them to do it, if the price is not too much as there is not too much on there they need to. I start the pre reg in 10 days, so even if it isnot needed for a few months, it should still be Ok, at least then i can cross one thing off my list :)

miffy
27-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Just make sure you get a price before you leave it - charges vary so much you don't want a shock when you pick it up!

Good luck

Miffy xx

sharonmanc
27-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Thanks Miffy, will do. If the price is right I will leave it.

Jiorjiina
27-06-2011, 11:53 PM
You don't need a full medical, it's literally just a series of questions about your health that the GP can fill in from your medical records.

My GP charged me £25 for it, which was pretty good given what I've seen other people get charged here!

Mine has finally reached Ofsted after we waited for nearly 2 months for the central records place to find my medical records (:angry: ). I have had a couple of letters from Ofsted saying that if they didn't have it or I didn't contact them within 10 days to explain they would stop my registration proceeding, but once I called and explained they were fine about it.

sharonmanc
28-06-2011, 05:54 AM
I know my depresson a few years back, after my husband left while i was pregnant may flag up something, but I am hoping the fact that I have been working with kids as a teacher anyway since then will be evidence enough that I am capable of having kids in my care.

Jiorjiina - I read the form last night, wow, i cant believe how much some places charge considering there is so little to do, it is crazy, £25 was good in comparison to others, but even that seems steep considering what is involved.

Hoping my doc is a similar price range

miffy
28-06-2011, 06:51 AM
You could try just asking the dr when you go on Thursday - he might fill it in there and then. I know one person who did this and they didn't even charge - I think she was lucky though!

Miffy xx

Kezzle
28-06-2011, 06:44 PM
When the docs did mine it took a few weeks, and they quoted me £15 when i left it, when i picked it up they only charged me £10. :)

sharonmanc
28-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Thanks Kezzle, printed it out while at work today , and have filled it out in rough. Going to copy it up neat tonight ready for thurs ;)

Kezzle
28-06-2011, 08:12 PM
Thanks Kezzle, printed it out while at work today , and have filled it out in rough. Going to copy it up neat tonight ready for thurs ;)

Remember to sign it!! I did mine in pencil as i was unsure on a few things before i did it in pen and the doctor rang me to say she couldn't fill it in untill i'd signed it to show i gave her permission to go through my medical records :rolleyes: Needless to say i ran straight to the doctors surgery and signed it haha

mrscross
28-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Hi sharon, im new here, could you possibly send me a link to where you found the form as i would like to print one off too :)

sharonmanc
29-06-2011, 04:00 PM
http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Childcare-registration-form-Health-declaration-booklet/%28language%29/eng-GB here you go ;)

mrscross
29-06-2011, 06:57 PM
thank you :)

littleguy1
30-06-2011, 10:43 AM
My doctor charged me nothing! If you've got a doctors appointment booked, I'd take the form along with you and ask him directly about cost because he's more than likely to just sign it off just to keep you happy

sharonmanc
30-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Well it will be £30, she is goign to do it tomorrow for me, I have to ring in the afternoon to go and pick it up :) hopefully it is done and then that is one thing I can tick off my list - must remember to tick it off my list, going to start my policies tonight

murrayspud
01-07-2011, 08:31 AM
My Doctor didn't charge me for my health declaration - but this was more due to circumstances rather than surgery policy.
I just happened to take mine in at a point where the surgery was about to close and there was a locum doctor on duty. I did have to make an appointment to go and see the doctor cos he didn't know me (being a locum) but he said he couldn't be bothered witht he paperwork. :clapping:

katie78
01-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Blimey you ladies are well lucky my docs charged me £40 and all they did was sign it and say i have got controlled asthma due to using my inhailers !!! Thats it :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

That would have taken the doc less that 5 mins and they pocketed sooo much money for it very big grrrrrrr

Katie xxx

sharonmanc
01-07-2011, 07:55 PM
yayyy all done, and i even remembered to get a receipt :D

Kezzle
01-07-2011, 10:26 PM
Blimey you ladies are well lucky my docs charged me £40 and all they did was sign it and say i have got controlled asthma due to using my inhailers !!! Thats it :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

That would have taken the doc less that 5 mins and they pocketed sooo much money for it very big grrrrrrr

Katie xxx

A positive spin on it would be to think of it as at least they didn't charge you the £80+ they're actually allowed to charge you up to, just for a couple of pages and a signiture. :)