PDA

View Full Version : oh well

Helen Dempster
27-06-2011, 04:07 PM
I was looking forward to a nice quiet afternoon, with just my DS today. It didn't quite work out as I had planned lol. Mindee #1 isn't in today (last day of his hols), mindee #2 has chicken pox, mindee #3 is his sibling, so I dropped him straight home after school. Waiting at school, had phone call from one of the lads in my ds's class...she's stuck on a broken down train from London! Anyway, she arranged with the school that I pick him up, not a prob as I had to wait 40mins for mindee to come out (thought she'd be there by then). I had to take mindee home so the little lad came along and now we're back at my house and as far as I know she's still stuck. She's very apologetic and I don't mind - my own ds is good friends with him, so they're both made up. And he really is no problem (much more polite and better behaved than mindees). Hope she's not going to be too much longer though.

Penny1959
27-06-2011, 06:01 PM
that is the sort of thing that always happens to me - every time I think I am going to have an hour or two to myself - something or someone puts a spanner in the works

Better luck next time

Penny :)

miffy
27-06-2011, 08:53 PM
Whoops - hope she wasn't too late getting to you.

It was on the news about some trains being delayed because the heatwave had affected the tracks :rolleyes:

Miffy xx