PDA

View Full Version : potty training

JCrakers
27-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Potty training a little girl who is nearly 2 and a half...she was showing all signs of being ready. Did really well here for 4 days so I told mum to get some pants to wear this week. Mum came this morning to say they hadnt had a good 3 days as she wouldnt sit on the potty at all.
She was holding in the wee for a few hours but then going somewhere to wee on the floor.

Today she has gone from 8am until 2pm without weeing at all...I have sat her on the potty throughout the day but nothing. I sat her on the potty at 2pm and she did nothing but went straight outside and did it in her pants on the grass.
She knows where it should go as the potty was next to her, she looked at it but ran off in the opposite direction before doing it.
Should I persevere or leave it for a while?...you all know what hard work it is and for her to come back on a monday back to square 1....
I know its early days but she did sooo well for the 4 days I had her...:(
Becky x

miffy
27-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Do you think something happened at home to put her off sitting on the potty?

Can she tell you why she doesn't want to sit on the potty now when she was doing last week?

Would she use the toilet instead?

It's a tough one but you need to find out what is putting her off using the potty

Miffy xx

marnieb
28-06-2011, 06:14 AM
Yes, it definelty sounds like something has happened at home to put her off the potty. I'm currently training my dd and a mindee atm, so I know what you're going through!!

Ask mum, but otherwise maybe try her on a toilet seat, or maybe take her out and get her to choose a new potty???

JCrakers
28-06-2011, 12:46 PM
I hate potty training... :angry: Lol :D

She's not using the potty at all now...earlier this morning she went into the other room and did a poo in her pants.
She came back in and said "I dont need a wee" so I said lets go and try (thinking this might be an indication that she does) got into the loo, pulled down pants, not knowing she had poo'd and it fell out and she stood on it so it was all inbetween her toes!! :laughing: GREAT!!

She was so great at first but since coming back after the weekend, it's not going well at all..I might suggest to Mum that we leave it for now which is really frustrating actually as she was doing really well.
Oh the joys

Penny1959
28-06-2011, 01:04 PM
I have one at the moment who has took a step backwards - different reasons - she had a tummy bug.

She is in pull ups now as didn't want to go back to nappies, andwe take to to the toilet - but without success.

It is a set back - but she will get there soon.

Hope yours succeedes at potty training soon

Penny :)

alison
28-06-2011, 01:22 PM
How about a sticker chart, just a sticker rather than a star, and when she collected 5 give her a treat. I found it worked wonders, bribery always does!

~Chelle~
28-06-2011, 02:28 PM
How about a sticker chart, just a sticker rather than a star, and when she collected 5 give her a treat. I found it worked wonders, bribery always does!

This is a good idea :thumbsup:

SYLVIA
28-06-2011, 07:29 PM
I went through this recently with LO. She would hold her wee all day even though I put her on the potty/toilet frequently. She actually had a urine infection and was holding it because it hurt her. Last one I had to potty train has just got it all of a sudden after having good days followed by bad ones. Now she is great. Maybe leave it awhile and try again in a few weeks

JCrakers
29-06-2011, 08:23 AM
Ive given it a week and although she is physically ready shes not mentally ready as she's just not interested.
She was holding it for so long and when I sat her on the potty she was obviously needing a wee because seconds after getting up she would do it on the floor or outside. She just couldnt release it on the potty or toilet.

It was like she couldnt perform on the potty at all...but had to release it elsewhere.
Weve agreed to leave it until later as theres no rush.

Becky x

Tried the stickers from the beginning but not interested at all now.

Ripeberry
29-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Try her on the toilet with a 'reducer' and a step. My mindee did not like potties but loved the toilet!