PDA

View Full Version : Complete mental block, advice needed please!

onceinabluemoon
27-06-2011, 06:06 AM
HI all, this weekend I settled down to begin my course and due to the weekend from hell ended up with a complete mental block! I really need to get this done as I know once I have the first one covered I will be able to crack on and do the rest (I know that sounds daft but its the knowing what to do and how to do it...)

My first question is:

"Describe the factors to take into account when planning healthy and safe indoor and outdoor environment and services".

I have factors:
ages and abilities of children and YP
specific risks (eg sensory impairement/pregnancy etc)
needs of carers (if relevant)
function and purpose of environment and services offered
duty of care
desired outcomes (ie five outcomes)
lines of responsibility and accountability

I just dont know what to do with that, what the heck does 'describe' mean in this case?

I risk risk assessments come into it too as there's a bit in the helpful notes about risk assessing. I've read the (rather short!) section in the book and to be honest I know all the info it tells you, just dont know how to answer this question.

Sorry to ask but this past week and all weekend has been a nightmare and I am getting so stressed with everything I am getting to the point I just want to bow out of childminding gracefully and get a 9 to 5 job with no hassles and no rude badly behaved children...

Thank you for reading x

mama2three
27-06-2011, 06:36 AM
Ive come to the conclusion that the more waffle the better for the diploma! My assessor is great at cross referencing and so pretty much everything can be used somewhere!

sarah707
27-06-2011, 07:03 AM
I think you are over-thinking it!

Just answer the question in sentences... when planning a healthy and safe environment for children I consider the risks, how children might get hurt and how I can protect them. For example... :D

onceinabluemoon
27-06-2011, 07:18 AM
Thanks ladies. :)

It's quite hard to do this because I'm used to writing 5,000 word essays for my degree with heaps of information in it that is all linked up and cross referenced etc! Going back a step is weird and I think, like you said Sarah, that I'm making it more difficult than it needs to be...

The factors listed are from the question so I'm guessing I have to include them in it too, lol :laughing:

mama2three
27-06-2011, 07:24 AM
Id use your list as headings and say a few sentences regarding each! Upload some examples of your risk assessments , say you teach yp and kids to risk assess for themselves ... say something about your menus and healthy eating , do you grow your own veg etc ...and i think youve covered it.